Author Topic: satan Worshipers  (Read 3157 times)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
satan Worshipers
« on: Aug 18 2008 - 02:12PM »
This is an old Oprah show about "The Church of satan". It makes me crazy that this guy is a career military officer and claims that the Army has always known about his association with "The Church of satan. I refuse to capitalize satan's name. So what's you guy's opinion on it?

~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
Re: satan Worshipers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13 2009 - 11:13PM »

I believe in demons and stuff but I pay no attention to these satanists. I think anybody that worships satan would go out of their mind eventually. However, I think folks can believe what they want as long as they obey the law.  I realize you are not saying that they can't.   :)

I guess I would have to say, it really does not bother me that this guy is or was in the military.  I guess they can't really throw him out because he is a satan server, just like they can't throw one out for being a Methodist or a Jew or a muslim.  Sounds to me like he has done pretty good in the military.  I don't know, its kind of strange but........

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Dec 13 2009 - 11:54PM »
I have a minor in religious studies and find this funny.  This is obviously from the 80's sometime.  For some reason in the 80's satanism, and cults, were hugely popular; since then they have seemed to die off in huge numbers.  The Colonel is a Levayan Satanist.  He would have been pretty harmless.  Levayan Satanists do not actually worship Satan, or demons, but it is more of a philosophical belief; Buddhists are the same way as that they do not actually worship "Budhha" but it's a philosophical religion.  The guy in the audience seems to be rather making up his story or he is part of a cult that calls themselves Satanists but is not really part of the Church of Satan (or my guess a combination).  He story does seem rather filled with silly holes for someone having been murdered and the police letting it be.  Alleged murders like this were supposed to be a popular part of a lot of cults but most of them were made up stories by members to make themselves look more powerful than they really were. 

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14 2009 - 01:03PM »
I had forgotten all about this post. I'm not sure why I thought the army should do anything about this persons religion because I really don't feel that way. I actually don't feel that anyone should be persecuted for religious beliefs no matter what that religion is so long as they obey the laws. Even if I don't agree with their beliefs and don't particularly want my children to be influenced by the people in the religion. I still don't want that person to be treated badly and I don't think hatred towards any group is ever warranted. So I don't really know what my thought process on my statement here was.

I don't know if this young man in the audience was lying or if he has an over active imagination or even if he is just quite stupid but your correct just as Oprah's guest is correct in doubting his story.  How do you forget the date and the name of people and places were one of the most horrific events of your life takes place. I mean come on even if you actually did get traumatized and not remember everything that you did that night you would still recall the year it happened to you and more than likely the date and time.  That's something that doesn't require your memory of the actual event. How about remembering what year the nightmare began! I'm not very good at being able to tell when people are lying but something is not right about that story.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14 2009 - 11:54PM »
Sorry for bringing up an old post!   emb

Yes, I will agree with bodhisattva, I am not really sure these "satanists" really worship satan at all.  And yes, that guys story does seem a little shady.  If he was really involved with a murder, I hope that justice has been or will be done if what he said was true.

Offline bigduece

• Apparition
« Reply #5 on: Jun 22 2010 - 09:40AM »
 :lol6:  Loved the 80's hair styles.  And i'm not really sure if he was a Satanist in the army, but from the looks of his haircut, I'd say not.
I am the one of the most pitiful beings on earth.....a baltimore oriole fan!!!