Author Topic: Werewolf like creature  (Read 12813 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Werewolf like creature
« on: Nov 28 2007 - 04:46PM »
I found some interestion info on my wolf thing picture.  If you remember it looked like a cross between a wolf and a baboon.
 I wonder if  what we saw was this new creature, I don't think so though.  The article said that the "Devil Monkey" as it is called is very aggressive and carnivorous.   Another strange thing too is that it is said to live in the American Mid-West , which would be Illinois.

What really got my attention was the description, a werewolf like creature with baboon features....Sound familiar?

Of course the creature I got the pic of, couldn't be seen be the naked eye, the article didn't mention anything about it being able to cloak it's self  :)

Either way it's a very interesting story

The Devil Monkey are a unique North American primate, this new breed has been seen all over the American Mid-West and as far North as Alaska. Many cannot quite decide what this new species is or if indeed it actually exists.

In North America, there are many giant monkey sightings that describe a far more bizarre creature, sometimes called a "devil monkey." Looking a bit like werewolves, these creatures are generally described as having pointed ears, a baboon-like snout (baboon snouts look like dog muzzles), and long tails. These tails are frequently described as bushy, like a wolf's tail or fox's tail, and occasionally they are described as hairless, like a rat's tail. Devil monkeys often prefer to go on all fours, and when they do rise on their hind legs, they generally travel by long jumps in the manner of a kangaroo, instead of the usual hairy humanoid's bipedal stride. The hind feet may only have three toes, or only show that many in footprints, and the hind legs are heavily digitigrade, with a long, narrow foot.

Devil monkeys are aggressive towards dogs, and sometimes humans, and they often are carnivorous, blamed for killing livestock. Adults can be up to six feet tall, and youngsters are often mistaken for kangaroos at first glance. In fact, these reports are often confused with or meshed with both anamalous kangaroo sightings and skunk-ape sightings. Some of the weirder reports include animals that are dogs from the waist up, kangaroos from the waist down.

If you think these monkeys sound rather bizarre, you are not the first to conclude this. These creatures really have cryptozoologists scratching their heads. North America is not supposed to have any native apes, and even if it did, you would expect something more like napes, the chimp-like North American cryptids. For these reasons, speculations about what these creatures might be has gone off in all directions. Some think it might be an extinct form of giant baboon, others think it is clearly so bizarre that it is supernatural and therefore of no interest to cryptozoologists, and yet others favor the idea of a kangaroo, like the bondegezou turned out to be, even though North America is not supposed to have any native kangaroos either.

Creatures like the North American "devil monkey" are sometimes reported from other areas of the world, where they have local names. One example is the drekavac of Serbian folklore, a label that is applied to several radically different monsters. One kind of drekavac resembles a dog on its upper body, while having the lower parts of a kangaroo. It is supposed to have a wailing cry that is unsettling to hear.

Description
People have described this new breed of primate as resembling a baboon but with very powerfully built legs almost like a kangaroo’s, other witnesses to this animal have described it as having pointed ears, a baboon-like snout (baboon snouts look like dog muzzles), and long tails. These tails are frequently described as bushy, like a wolf's tail or fox's tail, and occasionally they are described as hairless, like a rat's tail.

These creatures seem to prefer walking on all fours but it is thought they generally travel by long jumps in the manner of a kangaroo, instead of the usual hairy humanoid's bipedal stride. Many footprints have been discovered and the Devil monkey seems to only have three toes, or only show that many in footprints and the hind legs are heavily digitigrade, with a long, narrow foot. One witness stated that the Devil monkey has taffy brown fur with a white patch on their underbelly.

These animals are known to be very aggressive and have attacked dogs and livestock. It has also been reported that they have attacked people and passing cars as well. One example of this was a report from a nurse who was driving home from work in the Saltville region Virginia, she claimed that an unknown creature that ripped the convertible top off the car attacked her as she tried to escape.

Identification
Researchers who have been trying to identify this mysterious animal have speculated that this animal could be remnant species of an ancient family of simians known as Tarsiids or Simopithecus, Some researchers have also stated that there could be a link between the new species and the controversial DERIDDER photos that appear to show the carcass of an unidentified, baboon-like creature on a Louisiana roadside. This creature has many cryptozoologists baffled, North America is not supposed to have any native apes, and even if it did, you would expect something more like napes, the chimp-like North American cryptids. Speculation about what these animals could be have produced many theories as to what they are, some think that it could be an extinct form of giant baboon, others think that it is clearly so bizarre that it cannot be real. Many though favor the theory that it is a Kangaroo like the bondegezou has turned out to be, even though North America is not supposed to have any Kangaroos either.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline rbug

• Mere Mortal
Re: Werewolf like creature
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30 2007 - 08:37PM »
Ghost1 I would hate to think Rivers was almost attacked by a monkey. This is a very interesting article.  You never know,  it could have been one of those.  All I know, is that there definately is an unusual looking translucent creature in that picture that is definately not from this world. That is what I believe.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 02 2007 - 08:54PM »
Rbug that is what I believe also and it would take a LOT to convince me otherwise! I'm not too sure that it could be done actually since a lot of ppl already have tried over at the Asylum.

Ghost1 I would hate to think Rivers was almost attacked by a monkey. This is a very interesting article.  You never know,  it could have been one of those.  All I know, is that there definately is an unusual looking translucent creature in that picture that is definately not from this world. That is what I believe.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #3 on: Dec 05 2007 - 09:19PM »
Now that's interesting, I've been to bachelor's Grove quite a few times. I sure as hell hope one of those things aren't hanging around there.  It said it attacked a car, and riped the roof off...Now that is scary!

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #4 on: Dec 05 2007 - 10:01PM »
Your not even kidding Darkone!! This story along with Ghost1's picture of the Wolf Creature makes for a very scary night at Bachelor's Grove....or should I say early evening since the police will kick you out before night falls!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #5 on: Dec 05 2007 - 11:49PM »
WOW cho  I have a question though, how do y'all get in to BG at night time?  I thought it closed at sunset and is heavily patrolled because of the vandals? Qu
Heather & Maggie

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Dec 05 2007 - 11:52PM »
We don't,  only there to dusk.............Wouldn't want to be there after dark anyway.  I have seen way to much there   kn
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #7 on: Dec 06 2007 - 12:16AM »
We don't,  only there to dusk.............Wouldn't want to be there after dark anyway.  I have seen way to much there   kn
la-la-la...... I don't want to know, because then I will never go back LOL LOL LOL  I really felt calm there.  I did not feel any type of heeby jeevies at all.  We were walking all over the flippin place looking for the swamp........ we thought it was further back by where the well and old farmhouse used to be........ and then on the way back we finally went into the cemetary and there was the swamp! LOL LOL  It was pretty funny! LOL LOL
Heather & Maggie

Offline Demon

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #8 on: Apr 11 2008 - 06:23PM »
Ghost, is this what you think you captured in that picture of the wolf-thing?  If so you where darn lucky you were not lunch!  ter

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #9 on: Apr 11 2008 - 06:34PM »
Ghost, is this what you think you captured in that picture of the wolf-thing?  If so you where darn lucky you were not lunch!  ter

I'm really not sure, I kind of think not.....because we where so close to it and it never attacked.  However you never know, it does sound quite a bit like what I got in that picture.     cho

Offline Ghost Wolf

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Jul 13 2010 - 10:42PM »
This is the first time I was able to find a description of what I saw. Is there anyway to see the photo? Don't know if I missed it on the site, but if it isn't here, I'd really like to see it.  Two different times by two other people I know saw similar sitings. They were scared, really scared and said they, the wolf-like creatures- moved very very fast. The ones I saw crossing a quiet wooded road also moved fast, about two leaps and they were across and gone. When this happened it was in California and at night. All of us saw these ghost like wolf creatures at  night and within a mile of each other. Thanks for any more information!

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #11 on: Jul 13 2010 - 11:08PM »
I have a very interesting sound bit taken from B/G July 5th, after the storm and I think you will have a new sound for the werewolf creature...

Offline Freddy Booger

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #12 on: Jul 19 2010 - 05:34PM »
I'd like to hear this sound-bite, a werewolf like creature in my backyard is very interesting to me.

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #13 on: Jul 19 2010 - 08:45PM »

Right..I was wondering were the sound bit is located, thanks.
DARMAR

Offline Crzrck

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #14 on: Oct 25 2010 - 11:54AM »
What you have here folks is what we Squatch  hunters call a dog man. They  seem to be baboon like sasquatches often thought to be werewolf or canine like. I have a very good friend who got a good look at one in OK last Oct. They are not friendly folk either.  The more human type sasquatches are said to avoid them due to their more aggressive nature so they do not share territory with them. I have seen the more human type sasquatches twice but never a Dog man. I am told you do not want to  have an encounter with them.