Author Topic: Millionaire Flees Haunted House  (Read 1343 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Millionaire Flees Haunted House
« on: Sep 22 2008 - 08:26AM »
By Sky News SkyNews - Sunday, September 21 02:53 pm

A millionaire businessman has become so spooked by the "haunted" £3.6m mansion he bought last year that he has handed the property back to the bank.

Anwar Rashid, 32, described how he, his wife and their four young children lived in fear after they began hearing screams in the corridors shortly after moving into Clifton Hall.

They also claim to have seen apparitions and heard knocking on the wall of the 17-bedroom mansion in Nottinghamshire.

But it was the sight of blood spots on their 18-month-old son's Bed clothes that finally forced the family to abandon their luxury home, Mr Rashid said, comparing his experience to Nicole Kidman's film The Others.

"We were like the family in The Others. The ghosts didn't want us to be there and we could not fight them because we couldn't see them," he said.

"The day we moved in we had our first experience. We sat down in the evening to relax and there was a knock on the wall. We heard: 'Hello, is anyone there?'

"We ignored it the first time but two minutes later we heard the man's voice again. I got up to have a look but the doors were locked and the windows were closed.

"On another occasion my wife went downstairs to make milk for the baby at 5am and she saw our eldest daughter watching television.

"She said her name but she wouldn't respond. My wife realized something was up, so she went back upstairs to check on her and found her fast asleep in her Bed.

"When we found red blood spots on the baby's quilt, that was the day my wife said she'd had enough. We didn't even stay that night. It was the last straw, we felt that they had come to attack us. It was really emotional."

Clifton Hall, which dates back to the Norman conquest, has 17 bedrooms, 10 reception rooms, 10 bathrooms, a gym and a cinema.

Mr Rashid, who is worth £25m and made his money through a chain of nursing homes, said: "I am now looking at a new property in Nottingham. I don't think I will ever buy an old building again because of what has happened."

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080921/tuk-millionaire-flees-haunted-house-45dbed5.html
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Millionaire Flees Haunted House
« Reply #1 on: Sep 22 2008 - 10:57AM »
Wow! Now that the press has broken this story I bet the bank sells it for double! And maybe Most Haunted will do a story there! Great find Ghost!  :Y:

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Sep 22 2008 - 05:02PM »
Awesome find! Great story! =D>
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Fiestyredd9

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Sep 22 2008 - 09:01PM »
That is awesome. I'd like to go hang there for a night too LOL

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Oct 06 2008 - 07:33PM »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07 2008 - 11:19AM »
Wow! That was too cool! I bet he gets out of his mortgage. It's especially interesting that he owns so many other properties and can easily afford the mortgage. He should consider renting it out!