Author Topic: 9-28, (looking for advise for dealing with pranksters)  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Enema

• Mere Mortal
Hi guys,
So i just got back from my first trip with a friend (his 3rd).  We got there around 2am. There were 3 cop cars parked across the street from the entrance so we drove around a bit. After they left, we parked and took the path behind the houses off of Menard and 143th.  We were quiet but i used my flashlight a few times when we lost the trail. I'd say halfway from the main trial we saw a group of two guys running along the road. We stopped for a while.  I just wanted to make sure they wern't cops. After deciding they were probably fellow adventurers or joggers we kept walkinng. 

Soon enough, we got to the main trail and walked about 100 ft down when we heard something on the right side of the woods.  We stopped walking and the noises continued.  It sounded like someone walking around, rustling leaves and twigs snapping.  We stood still whispering to one another.  Like before, i was worried some cops had saw us and were checking things out.  The walking sounds continued for around 30 seconds, it was clearly slow walking following a step by step pattern.  The walking stopped my friend and i are still stationary in the same spot of the woods when a very odd and loud scream/howl came from the same location, followed by a few quick steps away.  The sound wasn't anything i had heard before.  It didn't sound exactly human but I'm almost certain it was.  The first thing i pictured was a mixture of a cougar and a scream.

Anyway my friend and i stood still and decided it was one of the two guys we saw running, the other was probably farther down the trail and would do the same routine.  Both of us just wanted to experience the area and keep to ourselves.  We didn't want to be interrupted so we left.  We walked back down the main trail out, saw there were no cops, and walked back down 143rd to our car.  When we got to the side road the car was on my friend claimed to have seen a man standing at the trail.

I really want to go back but i don't want to be someone's entertainment. Anyone have advise/stories associated with this situation?

Thanks,
Enema

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: 9-28, (looking for advise for dealing with pranksters)
« Reply #1 on: Sep 28 2008 - 08:45AM »
First off,  Welcome Sign to the forum!   

I don't really have any night time stories there, haven't gone there a night since I was a kid.  When I was young we used to go out there at night all the time, but back then the cops didn't really bother you so it wasn't really no big deal.  However that place is creepy as hell at night, but then again it's in the middle of the dark woods too....Plus your imagination is running on overtime   :)

It's hard to say who you heard in the woods with you too, It could  have been kids just goofing around, or even the cops.....I'm not sure if it's true or not but I've heard that they walk thought there at night.  Also being that your in Bachelor's Grove in the middle of the night it could always have been something else????  ter

Also the bad thing about going there at night, besides the fact that it's illegal and you could get arrested.  Is that because you have to sneak around you really can't take pictures or anything else that would attract the cops to you.  You could do some great EVP's though, it would be nice and quiet.

Thanks  for sharing your story!
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Sep 28 2008 - 08:54AM »
When I usually went, it was just 1 or 2 other people there. Last time I went, there was nobody there.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Sep 28 2008 - 11:32AM »
I would try going on a weeknight instead of a weekend. Those idiots will probably be home in bed. Welcome!

Offline Cemeterydude

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Jan 26 2009 - 01:25AM »
i would definetley try going on a weeknight. friday nights and weekend nights the cops patrol the area.
:)