Author Topic: Bachelor's grove in October....  (Read 590 times)

Offline sb422

• Mere Mortal
Bachelor's grove in October....
« on: Oct 07 2008 - 10:31AM »
I have been reading several posts on this board over the last few days about when to go and when not to go.  I see many that say do not go in October.  When you say this are you referring to going at night in October?  Myself and a couple coworkers were planning on going during the day in the middle of the week in October.  Will police still bother us even if it is during the day?  Has anyone had that problem?

Thanks!  None of us have been and have talked about it for a while now so we're ready to make our first visit

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Bachelor's grove in October....
« Reply #1 on: Oct 07 2008 - 10:37AM »
Last year they blocked the entrance pretty much the whole month of October.  however i was there last Friday and it was open.  It's owned by the forest preserve, so the normal hours are dawn to dusk......but that doesn't seem to be the case in October?

If I get a chance I'll run out there later today and see if there blocking it off yet.

Oh yeah............Welcome to the forum too!   :Y:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline sb422

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Oct 07 2008 - 12:30PM »
Thanks for the info - I definitely appreciate the heads up!   :Y:  Do let me know if you see it is blocked.  I told the other 2 people I was going with that it might be blocked so we may wait until early November to visit. 

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Oct 07 2008 - 04:02PM »
I was there yesterday in the morning. No problems. Just a F.P. cop driving around Rubio.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Oct 07 2008 - 05:38PM »
I went there this afternoon, and it was fine.  There was one cop in the forest preserve parking lot but he wasn't doing anything at all.  However I would guess there still might be a problem closer to Halloween........ But I'll just keep checking it out and I'll let everyone know if and when they start to block it again.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07 2008 - 08:30PM »
I dont hear the hype about BG as much as i used to
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #6 on: Oct 08 2008 - 10:24AM »
My gf has been a Midlothian/Crestwood/Oak Forest resident for all 46 years of her life. She don't believe 90% of the hype.   
Only one thing keeps happening to her:  Everytime she passes BGC during a full moom, the radio dial keeps moving back & forth!  ter

...BUT acording to her, it's mostly hype.  :)
sere

Offline Truckin

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Oct 11 2008 - 11:25AM »
A friend of mine was killed a few years back like 5 or 6 ago right down the street from the entrance of BG on Halloween night. He was riding his motorcycle and a couple from Downers grove were looking for Bachlors grove enterance went to far and made an U turn in front of him. He hit the side of there car and was killed instantly.

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #8 on: Oct 11 2008 - 11:18PM »
A friend of mine was killed a few years back like 5 or 6 ago right down the street from the entrance of BG on Halloween night. He was riding his motorcycle and a couple from Downers grove were looking for Bachlors grove enterance went to far and made an U turn in front of him. He hit the side of there car and was killed instantly.

There's wooden cross on the corner just 1 block east of BGC entrence. Is that who its for?  It's dated 10/31/2003
sere

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Oct 14 2008 - 04:17PM »
I'm so sorry to hear that about your friend, Truckin! :^( My heart goes out to you.
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!