Author Topic: The Legend of the Curse of the Demon Ball of Bachelor's Grove  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Note:  There is no Demon Ball of Bachelor's Grove....

The picture below was taken on September 21st, at Bachelor's Grove with John and Marion.  We were walking from the cemetery west towards the clearing, and this yellow growth caught Marion's and my eye a bit off the path.  We said 'what is that?' and John immediately replied in a deadpan fashion 'that's a Demon Ball'.  I swung around a tree and snapped a quick shot of, and then formed a little plan in my head to make up a Legend of this Demon Ball to post here.  Oh, I'm such a prankster!   :*:

I was looking through my pictures later, and there's this weird little... thing in the DB picture?  I haven't posted it here yet because I have been wracking my brain.  At first glance it's probably a sparrow or something, but the tail isn't right and I see no birdie feets?  The colors could also be right for a chipmunk of something, but again, tail is wrong, plus that would be one emaciated chipmunk, because you can see light coming through between the body and the tree.   I don't know what it is, just what I believe it is not.  Any ideas? 

Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Oh yeah, the dreaded Demon Ball.  You where lucky to see it and live to tell your story.   wh

I really can't tell what the heck that other thing in the picture is, it does look like some sort of bird...Maybe??

I know it's that dreaded Demon Bird
ter
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Well it does look like a chipmonk except for the reasons that you pointed out. I looked at it for quite a bit but did not figure anything out.   Qu
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline ghostlight

• Ghost Hunter
It looks like a white-breasted nuthatch. They are small birds with white underbellies and blue wings. They are frequently spotted running up and down treetrunks. They have a unique feature to their feet so they are very comfortable being upside-down.

Offline spookypooky

• Apparition
  LOL I think hes cute! haha! I wonder if hes evil too.  cher

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
Hey Ghostlight and SpookyPooky!! Haven't said hi to either of you in a while. I hope that your Holidays were great and that your New Year is starting off in a good way.  Ghostlight that's awesome that you knew what kind of bird that is.  Did you tell me that you are a bird watcher? It's kind of a hobby of mine too but just in my back yard. And I don't know a lot about the birds I just love watching them. Especially the Humming Birds. They are my fav.  My back yard (for some unknown reason) is a haven for several rare species of birds as well as a host of others.  We have a heard of dear...not that they are rare but they ARE rare inside the city limits...LOL  We have a family of Foxes and lots of coons. One of the rarest birds that my backyard is home to is the TRUE Bluebird.  Not the BlueJay or jus A blue bird but the real Bluebird. I had never seen one till my grandmother bought this house 10 years ago and even now they are very few but they are so very beautiful. I don't think that I have ever seen this hue of blue anyplace else. It's as though you cant manufacture it. I guess I'd better stop talkin about birds before Ghost1 mutes me....LOL
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
The Legend of the Demon Ball must not be forgotten and must be passed along from generation to generation.  :Spying:
~Colleen~

Offline Aten

• Empath
It does look like a english sparrow to me but it could be a nut hatch too! Gotta love those legends.  bo

Offline anytimeatall

• Mere Mortal
not to sure what it is , but to me it looks like a bat????????