BACHELOR'S GROVE CEMETERY > Upload & discuss pictures from BACHELOR'S GROVE here.

The Famous Woman on the Gravestone Picture

(1/6) > >>

Ghost1:
Here is that famous picture from 1991 of the Bachelors Grove woman.

The Madonna of Bachelor's Grove

This photo was taken during an investigation of Bachelor's Grove cemetery near Chicago by the Ghost Research Society (GRS). On August 10, 1991, several members of of the GRS were at the cemetery, a small, abandoned graveyard on the edge of the Rubio Woods Forest Preserve, near the suburb of Midlothian, Illinois. Reputed to be one of the most haunted cemeteries in the U.S., Bachelor's Grove has been the site of well over 100 different reports of strange phenomena, including apparitions, unexplained sights and sounds, and even glowing balls of light.

GRS member Judy Huff was taking black and white photos with a high-speed infrared camera in an area where the group had experienced some anomalies with their ghost-hunting equipment. The cemetery was empty, except for the GRS members. When developed, this image emerged: what looks like a lonely-looking young woman dressed in white sitting on a tombstone. Parts of her body are partially transparent and the style of the dress seems to be out of date.

Here is Judy's first Radio Interview on Thresholds Radio with John Stephenson:  http://ufo-info.com/show/9302012/

Here is a quote from the book "The Ghost Hunter's Guidebook" By Troy Taylor about this picture:

I received a copy of this photo and had it examined by several independent photographers. Most of them would have liked to come up with a reason why the photo could not be real, but unfortunately they couldn't. They ruled out the idea of a double exposure and also the theory that the person in the photo was a living woman who was placed in the photo and made to appear like she was a ghost. One skeptic also claimed that the woman in the photo was casting a shadow. but according to the photographers who analyzed the image, the "shadow" is actually nothing more the natural shading of the landscape. Besides that, one of them asked, if she is casting a shadow in that direction, then why isn't anything else in the frame doing the same?Photo by Judy Huff-Felz

Maggpie:
This is just an amazing photo!  Have people tried to examine the original.........does anyone know? 

Ghost1:

--- Quote from: Maggpie on Dec 09 2007 - 12:05AM   ---This is just an amazing photo!  Have people tried to examine the original.........does anyone know? 

--- End quote ---

Been analyzed by the best experts in the country many times over.  Always comes out the same.....100% real!
It's one of the most famous ghost pictures in the world!

Tommyboy67:
This photo is the real deal, indeed.

Colleen2510:
I am in no way saying that I don't believe in this photo. I love this photo and I WANT it to be the "real deal".  I am only bringing this up so that someone can post back and tell me that I'm not seeing this. ......Also I'm not so certain that ghosts never ever cast shadows. As I have said in this forum on another occasion .....there seems to be some evidence that ghosts CAN create just about any image themselves that they want even a slight shadow appearance...but anyway I am looking at her right leg and foot. Were it is outstretched there seems to be a shadow underneath her leg....looking the very same shape and distance as her leg and foot.  What do yall think?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version