Author Topic: The Famous Woman on the Gravestone Picture  (Read 20050 times)

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
Re: The Famous Woman on the Gravestone Picture
« Reply #15 on: May 27 2009 - 12:53PM »
some images are timeless for there beauty,
« Last Edit: Sep 20 2010 - 05:17AM by Tenbears »

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #16 on: Jun 07 2009 - 07:17PM »
That is such an awesome picture. I wish I can catch something like that.

Offline cubcadet128

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Oct 24 2009 - 11:38PM »
You and me both, I'd scare myself if I captured an apparitioin on camera!
99% Persperation, 1% Inspiration

Offline countthastarS2

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #18 on: Nov 25 2009 - 12:08AM »
Either way..this is a amazing picture and I only wish I could had taken a picture of such a talked about piece.
“"There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it."   ^_^

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Nov 25 2009 - 10:02AM »
This is why all of us keep going back to the Grove, time after time, to hopefully capture such an image.
Because we believe...
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline GhostlyNerd

• Mere Mortal
  • They hide just around the corner...
    • Alan Chan Photography
« Reply #20 on: Dec 02 2009 - 12:16PM »
From what I have heard tell from the very few Mediums / Clairvoyants that I have come to respect......someone who has passed does not have to present themselves as they are when they die.

I've always wondered about this.  I think that perhaps when we come back after we pass, that maybe our form takes on our physical form during either our happiest time of life or unhappiest.  But who knows?  Part of me wants to come back after I die to see what its like on "that side of things."   emb  Does anyone else feel that way too? 
S*** happens.  You just have to plug your nose and plow your way through!

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #21 on: Dec 02 2009 - 12:36PM »
I would think that as humans, we all want to know what is on the other side and see back to the side of the living from that perspective. This is after all, the greatest mystery there is.
Thanks, GhostlyNerd!
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline DeigoC

• Mere Mortal
    • Chicago Paranormal Investigations
« Reply #22 on: Jun 16 2010 - 09:34PM »
my question about that day in 1991 was this lady ever captured again on film.Would be a question I keep asking myself because I can not find anymore information on it.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #23 on: Jun 16 2010 - 09:39PM »
As far as I know, she's never been captured since...

There are claims that she appears on a video that's on YouTube, but at the same time they call her Dora Newman and odds are quite likely that's not her real name.

That checkered stone is probably one of the most photographed stones in history, due to how many people have taken pictures of that stone. I'm guilty of probably 50 or so myself.

But many of the best photos are "right place, right time" and haven't been replicated. The white figure in the Scutt Mansion & the cowboy in Tombstone are just two of the hundreds of famous pictures that haven't been duplicated.
Loading Signature...

Offline Autumn08

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #24 on: Aug 29 2010 - 04:34PM »
I am brand new to this forum and I'm fascinated.  I've never been to Bachelor's Grove, but I'd like to after seeing this famous picture.  She looks like a woman from the 20's, she's got the soft finger wave curl to her hair and an outdated dress.  Theres more than just what she's wearing and how she's wearing her hair. The way she's seated, contently, maybe thinking over something or pondering how she had lived her life?  Or waiting for someone to join her?  Maybe she's sad, she appears to be young, maybe she had things she wanted to live for and her dreams ended in death. 

I'm just so interested in the message of the photo.  I believe that if ghosts or apparitions appear in photos, they want to be seen.  We all have a story, what's hers?

Offline jazz

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #25 on: Aug 19 2012 - 12:43AM »
This is an amazing picture and what actually brought me here to this site!  :)

Offline cougarvamp

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #26 on: Nov 24 2013 - 01:44PM »
Andy & I are ghost hunting partners, & we have always referred to this lady as Minna, because she appears near Minna Hageman's grave.
Andy captured a photo of this same woman on our first trip to the Grove together. She has the same hair; length, style & color as the woman seated in the picture. The only downside is she looks far away, but we were able to see some details.
  In this picture, I am seated on a tombstone wearing blue. Minna is to the right, outlined in the box. Someone tried to debunk her as a tombstone, but there is no grave at this location. She's walking towards me, on the path near her grave, at the entrance to the cemetery.
This photo was taken by Andy. He posted it but I'm not sure what he named the thread.