Author Topic: Disembodied Human Head  (Read 1659 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Disembodied Human Head
« on: Oct 16 2008 - 01:33PM »
Ok, I found this today at the "Sun" which means you can't believe what you read, however I found it interesting anyway. For those of you that don't know the Sun is the "national enquirer" of  Britain.

It's just what you’d expect to see in a picture from an aquarium. A shark, blue water — and a disembodied HUMAN HEAD?

Emma Place, 21, took this eerie photo on her phone at Hull’s £53million attraction The Deep.
[float=right][/float]
Boffins at the aquarium admit they are baffled by the appearance of the man’s face, which appears to be gawping up at a shark
Dentistry student Emma, of Doncaster, only spotted the ghoulish face when she arrived home. She said: “My boyfriend said, ‘what’s that?’ I replied, ‘it’s a shark’. “He said, ‘no, the face.’ I was like, oh my God! It actually looks quite spooky. “I’m easily freaked-out.” Although Emma’s dad Alan, 48, was stood next to her in the glass tunnel, she insists he looks nothing like the man in the photo. Bosses have spent hours searching CCTV footage, which confirmed the pair were the only ones inside the tunnel.
And they have even tried to recreate conditions in the tunnel where the reflection could appear, but with no success. The aquarium – on the banks of the Humber estuary – was built on the site of an isolation hospital, where smallpox victims were held.

It’s not the first time ghostly goings-on have been reported. A night watchman claims to have spotted a shadowy figure in the TimeLine, which charts the history of the world’s oceans. Colin Brown, chief executive of The Deep, said: “We are a scientific centre and we’re sure there must be a logical explanation. "It’s just that we can’t find it. "There must be some sort of optical illusion or reflection of images between the window, but we cannot figure out how it has been done.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1804838.ece
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline adamselzer

• Ghost Hunter
  • from Weird Chicago Tours
    • Weird Chicago Blog
Re: Disembodied Human Head
« Reply #1 on: Oct 16 2008 - 02:42PM »
If that shot was taken through glass, there's every chance it's a reflection. I've seen that happen MANY times, especially at Hull House. Neat picture, though!
http://www.weirdchicagoblog.com
http://www.adamselzer.com

Check out my book: "Weird Chicago: Forgotten History, Strange Legends and Mysterious Hauntings" in stores now!
Coming in September from Llewellyn : "Your Neighborhood Gives Me the Creeps: True Tales of an Accidental Ghost Hunter"

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Oct 20 2008 - 07:46PM »
Yep...I am thinking reflection, but it is a cool picture

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Nov 24 2008 - 02:25PM »
Everyone is saying "reflection" but "scientists" at "The Deep" were the photo was taken say they have already ruled out reflection. They even stated just one of the ways they ruled it out was by watching hours of surveilance tapes and coming to the conclusion that there were only 2 ppl in the area were the photo was taken and neither one of them look anything like the head. I'm not saying that it's real I'm only stating that the obvious answer "reflection" had already been ruled out before this post was ever made.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
« Reply #4 on: Dec 07 2008 - 12:53AM »
No idea what the heck could cause that if it is not a reflection Qu
Heather & Maggie

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #5 on: Jan 18 2009 - 12:46AM »
I guess when we said to get rid of the body they didnt quite understand what we meant
 ;) ;) ;)
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Feb 08 2009 - 06:43PM »
I guess when we said to get rid of the body they didnt quite understand what we meant
 ;) ;) ;)
Only the Shadow knows!

~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Feb 08 2009 - 06:46PM »
It just doesn't look like it could be any reflection to me. IDK
~Colleen~

Offline andy

• Apparition
« Reply #8 on: Nov 07 2010 - 10:40AM »
love the pic.......could be for real!!!

Offline RandomHero

• Mere Mortal
  • No worries..
« Reply #9 on: Nov 09 2010 - 12:02AM »
Mediums like water and glass are exceptional conductors of energy and electrically charged fields...its not too far a stretch to consider some sort of manifestation taking place at just the right time, yet the physics around how it would phase into this plane or why, reach too far out of my grasp. its either faked, a reflection, a double exposure/camera malfunction..or..something out of the normal...interesting.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #10 on: Nov 09 2010 - 08:10AM »
Forgedaboutit! Moose - Rocco werz duh bat  kn
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.