Author Topic: Steve Gonsalves “Ghost Hunters” Gear Guide  (Read 969 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Steve Gonsalves “Ghost Hunters” Gear Guide
« on: Nov 20 2008 - 08:45AM »
Gonsalves’ “Ghost Hunters” Gear Guide videos on SciFi.com grab more viewers than even free show excerpts and behind-the-scenes footage. In these brief Webisodes, Gonsalves runs through the basic arsenal of paranormal detection. Here’s an abbreviated list with approximate prices (and a few skeptical comments) added:

EMF detector ($25-$400) Detects electro-magnet field fluctuations, which theoretically occur when energy-based spirits are hanging around. Of course, there are lots of other reasons for EMF fluctuations — from exposed wires to the Northern Lights.

Digital video camera (with infrared illuminator) ($35-$3,000) Captures images in dark rooms not visible to the human eye, such as moving objects, forming mists and floating orbs.

Digital thermometer ($70-$200) Reads ambient and surface temperatures, which helps detect free floating cold and hot spots/fluctuations which, as everybody knows, could be caused by a ghostly presence.

Portable tape recorder ($12-$700) Captures EVPs (electronic voice phenomena), such as spirits speaking from the other side which weren’t audible during the recording.

White noise generator ($50-$1,400) Creates pure static which is believed to work as a catalyst for EVP recordings by providing noise through which spirits can verbalize. It also filters out background noise for clearer recordings.

Ion generator (TAPS had its custom made.) Allegedly charges the atmosphere, theoretically providing spirits with bonus energy through which they can manifest.

Wireless audio kit with software
(Around $800) Transmits audio into a computer where it can be amplified to detect EVP recordings. Baby monitors work, too.

DVR system
(with infrared camera, DVR and monitor) ($6,000-$7,000) Digital, time-stamped real-time paranormal surveillance with a whole lot of storage. Runs all night without the need to change tapes. (They are way high on this price, I build them I should know...Try $1000.00 to $4000.00)

Thermal imaging camera ($6,000 to $50,000) You know, like “Predator” uses. Reveals and records cold and hot spot fluctuations — and you know what that means. Gho-izzy in the hizzy!

Polygraph machine ($1,000 to $10,000) B.S. detectors that signal when the person reporting the haunting is lying. Oh, wait! Ghost hunters never use those.

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Steve Gonsalves “Ghost Hunters” Gear Guide
« Reply #1 on: Dec 04 2008 - 06:39PM »
Steve Gonsalves has always been one of my favorite guys on Ghost Hunters. I love that show. I have the first 4 seasons on dvd. Can't get enough!
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Maggpie

• Ghost runner
  • Shaman
Re: Steve Gonsalves “Ghost Hunters” Gear Guide
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07 2008 - 12:55AM »
I think he forgot one:
Auto that is running: So when you get scared $hitless you can haul arse out of there quickly LOL
Heather & Maggie