Author Topic: Another EVP from Bachelor's Grove  (Read 2235 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Another EVP from Bachelor's Grove
« on: Dec 13 2008 - 08:06PM »
I went out to Bachelors Grove today and took another few hundred pictures, which I still have to go through.
However I also set my digital recorder in a tree and left it record with no one around for 40min .  I listened to the whole thing and for the most part there is just lots of wind and a occasional noise that I'm not sure about...........but this just jumped right out at me, and I'm not sure what it says.  There is no doubt though that this is a eerie voice, and it says one word.

When I look at the audio output chart in Audicty there is a definite change in the output right there.  The only place in the whole recording like that.

See what you all think of it, the closest I can guess is that it says "Rot"

http://www.bachelors-grove.com/evp99.wav

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Another EVP from Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #1 on: Dec 13 2008 - 09:34PM »
Ive listened to it several times on audacity and change the pitches and played around with it i come up with "go ahead". Were you asking to take pics? If so seems like who ever was there didnt mind. You might have something on pic look for the transparent apparitions could be there. Nice evp by the way.

Post your adjusted version of the EVP so I can hear it too, if you don't mind.
And no, I didn't ask it a thing.  It was just running unattended hidden in a tree for 45 Min's as I walked back into the deep woods west of the graveyard.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Dec 14 2008 - 08:23AM »
I've listened to this EVP 100's of times, and I'm pretty much stumped as to what is said.  There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that it's a voice though....but what did it say?  kn

I posted this EVP on Ghost Study this morning to get more opinions on it, I'll keep you all posted.

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Dec 14 2008 - 10:18PM »
Ok. I just listened to it. You said you left it in the tree unattended and went to the woods? emb Couldn't someone else have come into the cemetery while you weren't there? To me, it sounds like someone hockin' a loogie. "Hooooock tuoo". I could very well be wrong. But if you weren't there when it happened, it's a possibility. :*:
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Dec 14 2008 - 10:53PM »
Ok. I just listened to it. You said you left it in the tree unattended and went to the woods? emb Couldn't someone else have come into the cemetery while you weren't there? To me, it sounds like someone hockin' a loogie. "Hooooock tuoo". I could very well be wrong. But if you weren't there when it happened, it's a possibility. :*:

I don't think so, however anything is possible.  I was there Saturday, a very cold and windy day with lot's of snow on the ground still.  This recorder is a very sensitive stereo one, and it picks up the sound of your foot steps as you walk in the snow as you got near it.  I could hear mine and Rachel's foot steps as we walked away from it and back up to it later.

Someone did show up towards the end of the recording as we where walking back.  I could quite clearly hear his steps as he entered the graveyard before I heard Rachel's and mine as we came back into the graveyard also.

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15 2008 - 11:32AM »

I don't think so, however anything is possible.  I was there Saturday, a very cold and windy day with lot's of snow on the ground still.  This recorder is a very sensitive stereo one, and it picks up the sound of your foot steps as you walk in the snow as you got near it.  I could hear mine and Rachel's foot steps as we walked away from it and back up to it later.

Someone did show up towards the end of the recording as we where walking back.  I could quite clearly hear his steps as he entered the graveyard before I heard Rachel's and mine as we came back into the graveyard also.

Qu If your voice recorder is as sensitive as you say, maybe someone in the distance was hockin' a loogie but didn't walk right up to the tree. :*: I'm not saying it can't be paranormal. I'm just saying you have to rule out all outside possibilities. And, to me, it sounded like someone hockin' a loogie. Maybe a ghost was hockin' a loogie. LOL I don't know. I wasn't there. But, neither were you. My suggestion is not to leave equipment in an uncontrolled environment. That way you won't get questionable evps.
I'm not trying to be rude or argumentative. But you have to consider all possibilities. And the little icon you put on your reply was suggesting that I'm shooting at nothing. :X I thought this was an open forum and everyone was to give their own feedback even if it's not what you want to hear. I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. But it is my opinion. I'm definitely no paranormal expert. Are you? kn
~Marion

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15 2008 - 11:40AM »
Qu If your voice recorder is as sensitive as you say, maybe someone in the distance was hockin' a loogie but didn't walk right up to the tree. :*: I'm not saying it can't be paranormal. I'm just saying you have to rule out all outside possibilities. And, to me, it sounded like someone hockin' a loogie. Maybe a ghost was hockin' a loogie. LOL I don't know. I wasn't there. But, neither were you. My suggestion is not to leave equipment in an uncontrolled environment. That way you won't get questionable evps.
I'm not trying to be rude or argumentative. But you have to consider all possibilities. And the little icon you put on your reply was suggesting that I'm shooting at nothing. :X I thought this was an open forum and everyone was to give their own feedback even if it's not what you want to hear. I'm sorry it wasn't what you wanted to hear. But it is my opinion. I'm definitely no paranormal expert. Are you? kn

Boy, are you way, way off there, I had no problem with your option at all...............It's fine, that's what the whole forum is about.  And the little icon is my ghost hunter, don't read to much into a icon.

All I did was respond to tell you about the recorder, this was a 30 second clip of a 45 minute recording.  I just thought it would be important to know that I could hear when people where walking near it?

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Dec 15 2008 - 11:50AM »
emb I'm sorry if I took that wrong. I'm a little crabby today. I'm hurting and tired. Sometimes I get a little too sensitive when I'm hurting. emb I hear what you're saying about the footsteps. Maybe it WAS a ghost hockin' a loogie. Cuz that's seriously what it sounded like to me. LOL
 :V: I need another vacation.
~Marion

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Dec 15 2008 - 12:03PM »
I think everyone knows that if we walk away from the recorder anything recorded is questionable.  Does that mean you shouldn't leave it unattended?  Nah.....  I suppose if this was done for a show or something it would be silly to try and use as evidence, but when we just decide on a whim to head over there and the equpiment is on hand, hey, why not?  You never know what you may get, and precisely because this is an open forum, why not post what you get?
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16 2008 - 10:44PM »
LOL......I take a few days away from the forum and you guys are taking out the gloves. I think the nasty weather and the holiday stress is getting to us all. 

John....get EVP.  I would love to hear the one Ro enhanced.  Were you asking permission to take pictures that you remember?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #10 on: Dec 17 2008 - 10:45PM »
Here is a version of my EVP that has had all the background noise removed complements of MatEVP. The only thing still there is the voice, which is still unaltered in speed and pitch.....Still don't know what it says though?  One thing to keep in mind too, it might not be English?

http://www.bachelors-grove.com/evp2b.wav