Author Topic: How can you tell?  (Read 3460 times)

Offline Ana

• Mere Mortal
How can you tell?
« on: Dec 27 2008 - 03:20PM »
I took some shots in an abandoned house today. (FOG!!)
I have about 4 shots in which I see a mist.
The thing is? It's sort of circular.
Its NOT a dust orb, I know that....and I took some shots in the same room in other areas in between, and the mist is not in any of those.... so I know its not dust or water or something.

How do you KNOW?
Is there something to do in photoshop like invert the colors or something? So you can see the shape better?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: How can you tell?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27 2008 - 03:49PM »
I'll adjust the contrast, lightness and even invert the colors or turn it to gray scale..............All of these will do the trick sometimes or even a combination of all of them.  Just remember to NEVER use photoshop on your original picture, always use a copy for adjusting.

If you want any help, just send me a copy of the original and I'll look at it for you also.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Dec 27 2008 - 08:48PM »
I've been working on these pictures from Ana for a couple hours now, and they seem to be getting more and more interesting.  I can tell because of the way the "whatever" moved positions in the pictures that it couldn't have been a Orb.  In the one picture it's on the other side of the door in the room shes in and partially blocked by the door frame and wall....Orbs can't do that?

All I know is that I'm sure of what it's not........ Not fog and not a orb from the camera????  The real clincher is that it's only partially visible in that one picture, I zoomed in 800% on the door frame and it's not on the inside or the door.

This is the first picture where it is right in the doorway.

This is the second where it's moved to the left and outside the room now?

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ana

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27 2008 - 09:35PM »
You made a great presentation!  I hope someone has some ideas.
Thank you.

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #4 on: Dec 28 2008 - 10:52PM »
I have no idea of what that could be?  cho    It sure isn't fog, and Ive never seen a orb look or act like that.  Some sort of energy, I really don't know??? 

Great picture!
   :Y:

Ana, I assume that you never saw it yourself with the naked eye, right? 

Offline Ana

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: Dec 29 2008 - 06:35AM »
no, I never saw it.
not until I got the shots home.

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #6 on: Dec 30 2008 - 01:12PM »
I don't know where you came up with this...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 08:43PM by Tenbears »

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 30 2008 - 02:36PM »
I hate to play devil's advocate, but because of the light coming in from the window in the partially-opened room... it COULD be a light orb refracting because of the lens and such... would also explain why you couldn't see it with the naked eye.

Sorry!  emb
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #8 on: Dec 30 2008 - 02:40PM »
I hate to play devil's advocate, but because of the light coming in from the window in the partially-opened room... it COULD be a light orb refracting because of the lens and such... would also explain why you couldn't see it with the naked eye.

Sorry!  emb

I thought that too at first, however the "whatever" moves from inside the room to the outside left.  However the camera is in the same place, if it was the light from the window it would have been pretty much the same in both?

Kind of like this, which is a freeze from from one of my surveillance cameras.  Now if I freeze another frame it will be pretty much in the same place, even with cloud cover.

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #9 on: Dec 30 2008 - 02:46PM »
I thought that too at first, however the "whatever" moves from inside the room to the outside left.  However the camera is in the same place, if it was the light from the window it would have been pretty much the same in both?

Actually, the light source itself could have moved, like if there was any sort of cloud cover...  Since there is no evidence of it in front of the wall to the left of the door, I would still have to say that this is my best guess. 
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Dec 30 2008 - 03:47PM »
I'm not impressed either.  Qu
I don't see anything out of the ordinary.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Ana

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #11 on: Dec 31 2008 - 09:12AM »
Well, well well Ghost1 you have done it again...I don't know where you came up with this one but I must say; Well Done! :Y:  kudos to the new member Ana and welcome to the fold, we are a loose but good group... Great post, I have spent hours on this pix, and sent it to the J.P.L. in Pasadena Ca. to my friend Chuck. I'll let you know...  ;)

Carl Big Daddy Tenbears

Thank you. I appreciate all the comments (even the ones that say its nothing! hee hee).  As for the cloud cover, the weather was pretty stagnant, but it was a VERY foggy day.
I didn't see any fog IN the house, however.
No other shots of the inside contain fog.
This is the house, and the weather situation.

Offline Fiestyredd9

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Jan 01 2009 - 12:07PM »
Wow what a creepy looking place. That had to be fun?

Offline Ana

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01 2009 - 08:17PM »
Wow what a creepy looking place. That had to be fun?

Yeah, but I got rained on and was alone and had to leave too soon.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 04 2009 - 11:12AM »
Ana! What an awesome old house! And huge too. I'm surprised that someone let such a large place go to rot like that. No remodeling of any kind for many years. It makes one wonder why they just left it. Do you know the story?  Maybe it was haunted and the ghost scared them off. Even the friendliest of ghost could scare off some ppl......(Gina..lol)....(ssh ...don't tell her I said that..lol)

Great pictures! It just doesn't have the feel of being a light orb to me. I'm no expert and wouldn't argue with you guys on a technical level but I'm just sayin.... I think Ghost1 would have been able to pin point it if it were a light orb. He looks at this kind of stuff all day every day. Good work Ghost1.

And nice shots Ana. Good to meet you.   Welcome Sign to the group.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com