Author Topic: My Amateur Photography  (Read 471 times)

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
  • To be great is to be misunderstood.
My Amateur Photography
« on: Feb 24 2009 - 01:34AM »
I figured I'd share these here, considering I wish to eventually be a photographer and I could use as much feedback as I can get.

Most of these are pretty old, and I feel I've improved since then. I now know that many of them lack a decisive focal point, and quite a few have too much going on it them to even have a focal point. I need to study up on composition.

There are still a lot on my friend's computer, and some I haven't even had the chance to get off my camera yet. I'll post those in the future.

Any feedback and constructive criticism is welcome and appreciated. :]
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Re: My Amateur Photography
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24 2009 - 02:08AM »
Your photos are very nice.  You have a great eye.  Thank you for sharing them with us. 

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24 2009 - 11:17AM »
Very Nice.....no ghosts though.  wh
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Marion76

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01 2009 - 11:59AM »
You're well on your way! There's something about a photographer's eye. You take pictures of things that I (not a good photographer) wouldn't even think of taking pictures of. Simple things. But you make them look so beautiful. How do you DO that?!

My favorite one is the 31st or 32nd picture. The stone window with the light coming through. It takes me someplace else. Like I can picture myself standing at that window looking out to another dimension. SO COOL! Keep up the good work! =D>
~Marion
There seems to be an alien pubic hair in my drink!

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Mar 19 2009 - 01:35AM »
Last time I went to Bachelor's Grove I took a whole bunch of pictures. Even though I didn't take them for photography purposes, I figured since I didn't find anything unusual in them, I might as well put them to good use. I got a new photo editing program, and I haven't used it much yet so I decided to mess around with it with these pictures, just trying to find certain ways of editing I favor and whatnot. So, here they are. :)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: Mar 20 2009 - 09:01PM »
Sedate your Hate:
Man your photos ROCK!  I liked the BORN DEAD & the TOYS ones the best.
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Mar 20 2009 - 09:12PM »
Your pictures are really good again, it seems you have a eye for photography,  :camera:

There is a gallery in this forum too, and all members can make there own private user galleries......feel free to post any of your pictures in there also if you would like too. These user galleries are for anything at all you would like to share with other members.

Here is the link to the gallery if you haven't seen it yet:  http://www.bachelors-grove.com/coppermine/index.php
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #7 on: Mar 21 2009 - 07:33AM »
Ghost that is a great idea.  I forgot about the gallery.  I love the pictures also.   bo

Offline MusicianMommy

• Apparition
    • Musician...Mommy...MAYHEM!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 23 2009 - 03:55AM »
Hey, you have a great eye!  You mentioned wanting to learn a bit about composition... the *general* rule is the rule of thirds... You divide the photo into equal thirds, both vertically and horizontally , so that in your mind, you have 9 parts.  If you place the image of focus along one of these imaginary lines, the eye is drawn to it more quickly, and makes the photo *pop* a bit more.  If you place your subject *right* along one of these lines, (say you are shooting a person) have he or she along one of the vertical lines, and more attention is automatically drawn.  If there is more than one focus to the photo, try to place them *in* the "boxes" along the same side, or at the "crosshairs" of these imagined horizontal & vertical lines.   :camera:

Just a little bit I learned in photography courses, oh... way back in high school.   LOL

I absolutely *love* the third in the series of "born dead" - it follows that rule, and I automatically focused in on on much more so than the other two...  Keep snapping those pics!  You have a talent!   :)
Making the world a crazier place since 1981

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: Mar 23 2009 - 11:52PM »
Thanks so much, everyone! And thank you for advice, MusicianMommy, I really appreciate it and it'll help me a lot. :)

Like I said, next time I go to BG I'm going to take some pictures specifically for photography purposes, and when I do so then I'll probably upload them to the gallery and whatnot. These were basically for practicing some editing.

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Oct 23 2009 - 01:22AM »
You have some very nice photographs here...keep up the good work!!! che
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline angels18

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Oct 24 2009 - 01:19PM »
Those BG pics are amazing!  They are so clear and sharp.  You really do have a great eye.  Anything new??  You haven't posted any pics in a while  :*: