Author Topic: 1979 Bachelor's Grove picture  (Read 2781 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
1979 Bachelor's Grove picture
« on: Mar 14 2009 - 03:25PM »
Here is a old very out of focus picture taken by Dale Kaczmarek from inside the graveyard looking South. You can still see that the sign was still up, however this is the backside so It doesn't say anything.

I took this picture and worked on it for quit awhile, trying to see if I could get this old picture clearer.  Well this is what I ended up with, I had to shrink it also to help clear it up....It didn't help a whole lot, but it is a little clearer

Here is my enhanced copy:

This photo, taken by Dale Kaczmarek  in 1979, which shows the sign that once stood over the entrance to Bachelor's Grove.
Here is the original:

Here is something kind of cool. I took this picture today from pretty much the same location...here is how it looks thirty years later.

Here is another picture taken by Dale Kaczmarek  in 1979 which shows the front of the sign.
« Last Edit: Jan 29 2010 - 09:39AM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
  • To be great is to be misunderstood.
Re: 1979 Bachelor's Grove picture
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14 2009 - 11:15PM »
I once came across some website with a whole bunch of old pictures from Bachelor's Grove, like in the 70's and on. I'm trying to find it now.
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14 2009 - 11:30PM »
I was there today until about 12:30 today, I was going to call you but I left my phone at home!
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15 2009 - 10:17PM »
the destruction makes me sad       :^(

Offline mattevp

• Resident EVP Master
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Mar 25 2009 - 01:53AM »
Its really sad to see it in such bad condition, It also makes me angry, people that destroy graves for no reason are worthless in my opinion. Everyone should try to go and help clean up BG on MAY 2nd. :^( :X
MattEVP ~
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Offline lorriekabrinaclovis

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: May 21 2009 - 05:40AM »
of course I havent been to BG, BUT I have lookd at a lot of pictures on here and it has changed  over the last thirty yars.  I'm so sorry that ppl just can come in and have a "Lets destroy what we can" party.  I'm glad y'all got ut there and  cleqaned it.  KUDOS TO ALL OF YOU!!!!!

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #6 on: May 21 2009 - 12:44PM »
this will take some study...

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: May 25 2009 - 11:13AM »
Hello,
I was at the Grove on Saturday 5/23...and speaking of vandalism, on Fulton's tomb stone some idiot spray painted "Born Dead". Ridiculous.
DARMAR