Author Topic: Bachelor's Grove at night  (Read 1610 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Bachelor's Grove at night
« on: Apr 12 2009 - 08:09PM »
I have said it many times in here before in both posts and private messages to members that have asked me.
I strongly recommend against going to Bachelor's grove at night, for multiple reasons. 

The first and foremost reason is:  It's illegal, and you risk being arrested and having your car towed.

Second reason:   You don't want to be going out there at night and be giving Cook County a reason to shut down Bachelor's Grove for good........They would love to, it's a thorn in there side.  So don't ad fuel to the fire people, don't go at night!

Now If you read this and you still plan on going, which I know some of you will anyway.  Don't post your night time trip plans in here, send private PM's or Emails.  Just so you know 1 or more of our members are Cook County cops and there reason for being here is to spy on us.  And no, I don't know who they are.....yet.  But when or if I found out I'll be more them happy to tell all the members who the wolf in sheep's clothing are.
:Hush:
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
Re: Bachelor's Grove at night
« Reply #1 on: Apr 12 2009 - 09:06PM »
I couldn't of said it better Ghost.  There are so many other places we can go to at night.  And I must say the best pictures that I have seen taken at BG were during daylight hours. 

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: May 18 2010 - 03:11AM »
Randy, send me a PM with the time and day you're planning on going. I've got a few new toys I'd like to try out.

You'll need to park at Rubio Woods and [blink]CAREFULLY[/blink] cross the street. You'll see a radio tower on the south side of the road. If you look to the west of that (to your right if you're facing it) you'll see a path that leads back into the woods. That's the path to the Grove. It's paved, used to be a road, but it's overgrown and busted up. Be careful of the broken glass.

If you follow the path about a quarter of a mile, the cemetery will be on your right. If you follow the path further into the woods, across the stream and keeping to a generally south direction, you'll come across the clearing that many believe is where most of the darker things take place.

Let us know if you have any other questions. Someone's always around to give info. Happy Hunting!

Loading Signature...

Offline amyyy

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13 2010 - 04:16PM »
thanks! this is very helpful and true  :)

Offline IBPR423

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29 2010 - 12:47AM »
Hi Everyone,
Ok, So I'm new to this new paranormal research. I joined a group and my first mission Is going to be here. So I'm wondering what advice you guys can give as far as equipment to buy for when we are out there for  a reasonable price. What did or do you guys use when your out there? Thanks!

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29 2010 - 07:42PM »
Best advice I can give you is NOT spending a ton of money on stuff... I mean, you might get frustrated and quit because you don't capture anything your first, say... 2 dozen or more times out.

I use the basics. Digital camera, digital recorder, and a tripod. If I'm really feeling froggy, I'll bring my IR digital camera, my ghost box, and my camcorder. But keep in mind the less you bring, the less you have to lug around.

Every good paranormal investigator will have a few basics: A camera (digital, film, video, etc.), batteries, extra storage for the camera (flash cards, rolls of film, etc) and a ton of patience. Remember that you're not going to capture something right off the bat. You might not capture anything for years and years. But persistance usually pays off.

Don't only take pictures of specific things. Take pictures of everything. The paths, the trees, the fence, the stones... Everything there can lead to the next great ghost photo.

Oh, and one more thing... Be respectful while you're there. Above all else, remember that any cemetery you visit is the final resting place of someone. Respect their rest, and don't do stupid shyte like climbing on the stones or acting foolish like some child posing for his friend's YouTube video.
Loading Signature...

Offline killer5827

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #6 on: Nov 22 2010 - 04:58PM »
Is there any place to park at night where you wont get towed?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: Nov 22 2010 - 05:31PM »
Is there any place to park at night where you wont get towed?

Nothing very close at all.....
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Steve Abrams

• UFO Hunter
    • Ghostly Times
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23 2010 - 12:38AM »
Do they tow or ticket and lock your car in the lot?
There is no such thing as ghosts. They are flying saucer aliens, using their cloak of invisibility to screw with our minds.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #9 on: Nov 23 2010 - 09:47AM »
Do they tow or ticket and lock your car in the lot?

The ticket, then tow.....  They have been known to just ticket and lock you in too, It depends what time it is I think and how the cop feels.  :)

Offline elitero

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Dec 26 2010 - 09:49AM »
Either have another person drop you and your group of people off in the neighborhood (then pick you up when you are done), or be ready for a >10 min walk (just to reach the forest property) from one of the neighborhoods a bit further away.  I have done both numerous times, with 100% success and no problems.  Use Google Earth and look around the area, it isn't that hard.

If you are going to take a risk and go there at night, might as well do it the safest way possible.  che

PS-  While I have only bumped into a few friendly groups of teenagers on my commute to and from the cemetery, I have read some stories of some really weird people going there at night.  Be careful out there.
« Last Edit: Dec 26 2010 - 10:04AM by elitero »

Offline steelersrich

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #11 on: Jun 22 2011 - 05:01PM »
Yes Don't go at night the police will arrest you!! They are very strict... Let's not give them any reason to shut this place down!