Author Topic: Ok....Tombstone moved?  (Read 3904 times)

Offline SedateYourHate

• Super Creep!
  • Mere Mortal
  • To be great is to be misunderstood.
RE: Ok....Tombstone moved?
« Reply #15 on: May 07 2009 - 06:01PM »
Well, that's pretty cool that it's back to it's original location. :)
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  -Dr. Seuss

Offline Ro

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #16 on: May 08 2009 - 01:57PM »
It's nice to know at least they weren't in there to trash the place. No harm no foul.....   :Y:

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #17 on: May 09 2009 - 01:05PM »
Here is a new picture of the  Patrick  tombstone in it's new location taken in infrared........I used IR because I was curious to see if Walter would be standing next to his stone, happy to see it back home. :*:

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #18 on: May 09 2009 - 04:47PM »
Ghost1:  Tell me more about infared photography! 
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #19 on: May 09 2009 - 04:56PM »
Ghost1:  Tell me more about infared photography! 

Infrared photography    :camera:
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In infrared photography, the film or image sensor used is sensitive to infrared light. The part of the spectrum used is referred to as near-infrared to distinguish it from far-infrared, which is the domain of thermal imaging. Wavelengths used for photography range from about 700 nm to about 900 nm. Usually an "infrared filter" is used; this lets infrared (IR) light pass through to the camera, but blocks all or most of the visible light spectrum (the filter thus looks black or deep red).

When these filters are used together with infrared-sensitive film or sensors, very interesting "in-camera effects" can be obtained; false-color or black-and-white images with a dreamlike or sometimes lurid appearance known as the "Wood Effect," an effect mainly caused by foliage (such as tree leaves and grass) strongly reflecting in the same way visible light is reflected from snow. There is a small contribution from chlorophyll fluorescence, but this is extremely small and is not the real cause of the brightness seen in infrared photographs. The effect is named after the infrared photography pioneer Robert W. Wood, and not after the material wood, which does not glow under infrared.

The other attributes of infrared photographs include very dark skies and penetration of atmospheric haze, caused by reduced Rayleigh scattering and Mie scattering, respectively, compared to visible light. The dark skies, in turn, result in less infrared light in shadows and dark reflections of those skies from water, and clouds will stand out strongly. These wavelengths also penetrate a few millimeters into skin and give a milky look to portraits, although eyes often look black.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_photography
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #20 on: May 09 2009 - 06:42PM »
Thanks Ghost1,

Does one have to have special equipment to do infared?
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #21 on: May 09 2009 - 07:33PM »
Thanks Ghost1,

Does one have to have special equipment to do infared?

You need a special camera or a regular camera that will support a Infrared filter.  Only some cameras can use IR filters.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #22 on: May 10 2009 - 12:49PM »
Mystery solved!  The person that did this has come forward and told me.  He and his friends did it to try to help, because they moved it back to it's original location.     Which I found out too after checking, the stone now sits on it's original base in it's original location.
That's awesome that they were able to do that. And it's awesome that you were able to find out that they did it Ghost1! I'm curious if they saw the posts on the site. It's actually none of my business so I don't really expect an answer.....LOL  :victory:

~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: Ok....Tombstone moved?
« Reply #23 on: May 24 2009 - 04:49PM »
Like I was afraid of, it didn't last to long.  I went out there this Sunday morning and it had been knocked over again!   :X 

Boy would I like to catch the ass that takes pleasure in desecrating tombstones, one hell of a sick SOB!
   :X

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #24 on: May 25 2009 - 01:16AM »
Why would they do that. I just don't understand.  It makes me  :^( that people just can't leave well enough alone. 

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #25 on: May 27 2009 - 09:10PM »
I was in there today and noticed this. It made me sad to think that someone would do that. Next thing you know, someone will be stealing it or submerging it in the pond.
-Mark

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #26 on: May 27 2009 - 09:16PM »
It's ridiculous.  I think I am going to go buy a bunch of coloring books and crayons and leave em in a plastic bag there... 'Hey kids, play with this instead'.

Jeebus, take a pottery class or something, there has to be something more constructive to do with your time.

(Said the girl who's idea of 'something constructive' means scouring cemeteries...sigh...)
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #27 on: May 27 2009 - 11:07PM »
don't forget the juice box... great post, I needed a good laugh...
« Last Edit: Sep 20 2010 - 05:16AM by Tenbears »

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #28 on: May 29 2009 - 12:05AM »
It actually looks like someone tried to upheave the base (left structure in Ghost1's photo) from the ground. I noticed this too when I was there yesterday but maybe it was always unlevel like that. Someone else would know more than I.
-Mark