Author Topic: Just came across this...pic from the Exit  (Read 928 times)

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Just came across this...pic from the Exit
« on: May 28 2009 - 06:11PM »
Hi guys!

I was just browsing though some older pics, and I came across this one, which I just can't figure out.
Aside from the obvious nutty light effects, I think it's a little odd that you can see the bar through this guys left arm??  It was taken on a digital camera, so that makes little sense to me.
I see Colleen having a lot of fun with this one :)
I can assure you that the guy (and the doll) is real.  Probably very drunk, but real!
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: Just came across this...pic from the Exit
« Reply #1 on: May 28 2009 - 09:56PM »
I found this explanation for a somewhat similar shot on About.com:

"Comments from a photographer: I would like to explain the "transparent man" phenomenon. The result of the photo is caused by sync issues between the camera's shutter duration and flash timing. Very likely, the shutter on the camera remained open even after the flash went off. In this scenario, once the flash went off, the couple very likely disengaged from their pose, revealing the previously obscured backgroud to the camera with its shutter still opened. In this instant, the camera captured very briefly, the area behind the man and also theorectically, there should be another image of the man leaving the posing position."

So... this sort of makes sense, but if this was the case, wouldn't he be all blurry as he moved out of the shot?
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: May 29 2009 - 12:14AM »
Interesing picture Rachael.  I like the explanation but in your picture there is not another picture of the man leaving.  So I am not sure that fits this picture.  Very strange.

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #3 on: May 29 2009 - 10:43AM »
Do you see fleeing beings out of the corner of your eyes?
« Last Edit: Sep 20 2010 - 05:12AM by Tenbears »