Author Topic: 6.10 Trip Pictures  (Read 847 times)

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
6.10 Trip Pictures
« on: Jun 10 2009 - 10:05PM »
Still going through them, but I figured I'd share my findings of Newman and Patrick.

Loading Signature...

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: 6.10 Trip Pictures
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12 2009 - 01:21AM »
I've been through the pictures, and nothing really stands out. Although, I did notice a cool lens flare/sprite type of effect. It shows up on all pictures of the Fulton stone taken from near Shields, so I was pointed into the sun. It's not anything special, but perhaps it could be used as a reference point in the future in case someone comes across something similar in their own pictures.

You can also see in the upper right corner of the picture a blue orb that is part of the lens flare. I edited out the rest because it wasn't of value.

Like I said, not paranormal, but still cool.
Loading Signature...

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #2 on: Jun 12 2009 - 05:56AM »
I DON'T UNDERSTAND A THING I JUST WASTED MY TIME ON...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 08:26PM by Tenbears »

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #3 on: Jun 12 2009 - 07:34AM »
Very nice pic you captured a stunning image. :Y:

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Jun 12 2009 - 11:41PM »
I'll make mention of something that happened while I was there...

As I was leaving, there was a group of "kids" (between 17 and 20 years old, probably) arriving. They were doing the typical high school stuff, doing horror film-esque screams and trying to spook their friends by rushing out from behind a tree and growling.

But the thing that got me was that one of the girls mentioned that when you visit the Grove, you're supposed to leave a token at the Infant Daughter stone unless you want to die in 7 years. I found this one amusing, because it's been more than 7 years since my first visit to the Grove, and I've never left anything behind other than footprints in the mud.

As I walked back to Rubio, I noticed another vehicle pulling up with 5 more "kids", all seemingly of the same peer group. I made a few phone calls, finally talked with dispatch at Cook County Forest Preserve Police, and let them know there was a group of at least a dozen individuals in the Grove, and I had a feeling they might be up to no good. The dispatch replied, quite curtly, that "the forest preserve is open until sunset." I told her I understood that, however these weren't people going to pay their respects or to document the condition of the Grove or to ghost-hunt. I had a distinct feeling that they were there to fool around and possibly add to the desecration. The dispatcher's reply was simply that she'd let the officer in the area know.

So, it seems to me that the Powers That Be who are in charge of protecting the final resting place of 150+ people aren't overly interested in taking that responsibility seriously.
Loading Signature...

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13 2009 - 09:46PM »
sad

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #6 on: Jun 14 2009 - 07:50AM »
Thats really something there Exzyle2k. I suppose if you caught them red handed digging up a grave or breaking a tombstone the wonderful dispatcher would just say the forest preserve is open from dusk til sunset! Shame the powers that be don`t give a rats a.. about the place. :V:

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Jun 14 2009 - 08:39AM »
I can understand being frustrated at the Forest preserves lack of action towards the grove in general, but I can't think of many agencies that will jump to action based on someones feelings about people they saw there.  It may very well just been a group of kids having fun with no ill intent towards the place.
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!