Author Topic: Black Dogs  (Read 1975 times)

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
Black Dogs
« on: Jun 12 2009 - 09:50PM »
Ghostly animals are not uncommon but some of the most bizarre and intriguing reports are of demon type dogs and other animals seen deep with in the British countryside, they are spotted on misty moonlit moors, deep dark forests and even in lonely grave yards. A common character of these creatures of ghostly animals are that they are dark in appearance and have red or orange and sometimes green glowing eyes, its also said that anyone seeing these phantom hounds especially if they look directly into their fiery eyes their death will soon follow.
Reports of sightings of these dogs are spotted all over the UK mainly over moors such as the Pennines and flat lands of the southern west country. Another common report is these beasts travel using water ways such as canals and river or streams, some suggest that these dogs and other demonic type beings use ley lines to travel about, whether or not this is true is anyone’s guess.

Their howls and growls have been heard by people living alone in country cottages with no one else about for miles, this must have been a very frightening experience for anyone especially in the times before telephones. Many people that live in these remote country places had said you can look out over the moors and see shadowy figures moving about in the moonlight which resemble animals on four legs and again the red fiery eyes are always reported.

Its said the Vikings brought them to the British isles and sometimes they are seen headless but yet the eyes can still be seen burning away where the head is supposed to be.

Its also said that the Celts believed that they where spirits of the underworld looking for human souls to devour

Names for these phantom hounds differ in different parts of the country, old shuck is a very common name given to sightings in East Anglia and Norfolk……… Black shuck is common more up north a little such as in Yorkshire, there are many other names around the UK such as Wish Hound, Barguest, the grim, hairy jack etc.....

There are reports that these hounds have killed people in Blythburgh, another black dog reputedly appeared in the church and struck three people dead as they prayed and left scorch marks on the church door.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Black Dogs
« Reply #1 on: Jun 12 2009 - 11:58PM »
There are stories of at least one "hell hound" that guards Bachelor's Grove. Most of what I've heard regarding them are that they're guardians. The accounts of what they guard vary, from guarding a portal/vortex to a gate to Hell.
Loading Signature...

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #2 on: Jun 13 2009 - 07:28PM »
Has anyone filmed the Hell hound at BG?

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #3 on: Jun 13 2009 - 08:51PM »
ghost1 has pictures of something that looks like a cross between a dog and a baboon there are actually two in the picture one on either side of a path that his friend was on near the back of the cememtarylet me check on see where they are and I will repost.
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #4 on: Jun 13 2009 - 08:55PM »
The picture is under the heading on the home page Our Best pictures... of Bachelors Grove and then under Wolf
Creature check it out they are awesome  da

"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #5 on: Jun 13 2009 - 09:37PM »
Yes, I did see that one. That's a good picture.

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #6 on: Jun 15 2009 - 11:31PM »
this is a very interesting read what they have about growling ghosts...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 08:18PM by Tenbears »

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Jun 16 2009 - 02:43PM »
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Last Edit: Jun 16 2009 - 07:29PM by Colleen2510 »
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com