Author Topic: BG Restoration  (Read 662 times)

Offline jentron

• Mere Mortal
BG Restoration
« on: Jun 17 2009 - 12:19AM »
I personally haven't been there yet, but after reading so much about the vandalism and destruction and general of the graveyard, I can only think: What can we do to fix this?
Is there anyway we can get permission to try to restore some of the gravestones back to their markers? Or mark graves whose stones have long since gone missing?  I'm sure people have thought of this one before, so what Can we do?  cho

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: BG Restoration
« Reply #1 on: Jun 17 2009 - 01:07AM »
Until security of the location becomes a paramount priority for the Forest Preserve, it'll be a futile effort. We'll go in, right some stones, clean off other stones, and in a week's time our hard work will be undone because of the attraction that place has for vandalism.

In terms of laying new markers, there's very little out there to tell us who is buried where. Also keep in mind that the size of the current cemetery is not how big the Grove has always been. There's burials outside the fenced area. The fence only marks where the boundaries are imagined to be based off existing stones. You've got Hageman on the south, Newman on the west, Fulton on the north, and Rippet & Mendenhall to the east to mark your "modern" (term used loosely) boundaries.
Loading Signature...

Offline jentron

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Jun 17 2009 - 02:48AM »
It's just so sad to think that no ones cares about this place any more, except for people who can do nothing about it.  I figured it would be of no use.
I wonder if they could go through the pond atleast, retrieve the headstones that were tossed in there back to where they may have originally been?  Maybe that would put these souls at some peace.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #3 on: Jun 17 2009 - 08:52AM »
I`m planning on doing this soon. Good idea and I can see you care we dp cleanups there all the time so anytime you should go visit the grove bring a bag and pickup some trash. Thanks