Author Topic: A new type of Vandalizem  (Read 1760 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
A new type of Vandalizem
« on: Jun 21 2009 - 09:19AM »
I was out at the grove early yesterday morning  with a few site members and we found a new type of vandalizem.   Just south of the creek some Nutjob with no respect for the rich history of the woods around bachelor's grove (or the law for that fact) has cut a path right through the woods to the second hidden foundation , well and silo.  Now if that's not bad enough this Nutjub painted  12 or so trees with bright orange florescent paint too...... First off this is a public forest preserve and no one has the right to make there own paths never the less paint trees.

Now all this is going to do is show the Vandals where this historical site is too, and mark my words it will be destroyed just as the foundation on the main path was this year.  Already there has been stones pried loose from the foundation of the old silo.

Unfortunately there isn't a damn thing that can be done now, the damage is done.....There is no way to get the orange paint off the trees and make the path grow right over again.  So who ever did this I hope your proud of your self for your part in the destruction of Bachelors Grove and the surrounding woods.  Great Job Pete Crapia, you freaking NutJob!
« Last Edit: Nov 10 2010 - 03:25PM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Ro

• Mere Mortal
Re: A new type of Vandalizem
« Reply #1 on: Jun 21 2009 - 10:30AM »
Go figure huh. Just seems like more and more idiots are finding there way out there. These d*%ktards need a nice ass-whoopin...but still even that wouldn't stop em so in the end we are still left with uneducated kids that have no respect for anyone. If anything these kids need  role models, maybe someone to teach them about right and wrong and how valuable our history truly is.   che

Offline Darkone

• Apparition
  • RIP
« Reply #2 on: Jun 21 2009 - 03:01PM »
What the hell are people thinking, this is a forest preserve not your backyard. You just can't go cutting paths and marking trees with florescent paint.  Who the hell do  you think you are, that gives you the right to make your own path in a Forest Preserve.  Feel free to walk anywhere you want but don't think your the Cook County Forest Preserve Trailmaster and you make paths for all of us, and marking a path in florescent red is just f+%^ed up!

I agree with Ghost and think that the up till now well hidden and perserved historical site will now get vandalized. Like Bachelors Grove and the surrounding woods didn't all ready have enough problems.  Good job dumbass!

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Jun 21 2009 - 04:17PM »
Damn that really sucks :(
-Mark

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Jun 21 2009 - 05:16PM »
It was a sad sight to see indeed.  I would imagine in no time flat that whole area will be destroyed, which will be a shame as it's a great spot.

I truly can't imagine the forest preserve would have done this, they seem to have no true interest in maintaining the place, so why on Earth would they take the time and effort to draw people to that particular area?

$20 says it's someone who thinks they are being ever so helpful and are too blinded by their do-gooder-ness (new word!) to think for the 4 and a half seconds it would take anyone with an IQ over 36 to realize how absolutely asinine an idea it was.  Morons!
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #5 on: Jun 21 2009 - 05:58PM »
 cho  OMGosh! I can't believe that.  I do agree that they probably thought they would get a pat on back as if they had done something that no one else could have thought of doing if it had been needed. Too bad for them that it was so  -not a good deed- that they best not even admit that they did it. So no glory for the glory seekers. Just shame and ridicule.  :praying:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #6 on: Jun 21 2009 - 06:49PM »
The history and the treasures  the Grove belong to the people who are trying to preserve it not to the scum that over the years have destroyed it . They now have one more place to destroy and steal from the rest of us who want to learn and seek and discover the the hidden beauty. I agree the scum who pointed out the path for them to distroy and in so defiled the area more is no better than the scum that steal the tomb stones and litter the area with garbage. WHAT A COMPLETE MORAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Jun 21 2009 - 09:53PM »
I remember a short time ago someone posted a message they received about some team doing a clean-up, concentrating on the old foundation... The message said that they were going to mark some trees somehow so volunteers could find the path that takes them to the site with little problems...

The post has been lost in the shuffle, either deleted by the mods or eaten by forum goblins, because I cannot find it...

Anyone know the post I'm referring to, and whether or not this is the source?
Loading Signature...

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #8 on: Jun 21 2009 - 10:02PM »
I remember a short time ago someone posted a message they received about some team doing a clean-up, concentrating on the old foundation... The message said that they were going to mark some trees somehow so volunteers could find the path that takes them to the site with little problems...

The post has been lost in the shuffle, either deleted by the mods or eaten by forum goblins, because I cannot find it...

Anyone know the post I'm referring to, and whether or not this is the source?

YES, you have hit the nail right on the head!    Find the source you speak of, and you will find your vandal.
« Last Edit: Jun 21 2009 - 10:06PM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #9 on: Jun 21 2009 - 10:45PM »
As Capt. Bingimton would say I COULD JUST SCREAM. It was very disturbing to see how a new path was made and marked by spray paint on the trees. Like Ghost said the history will be destroyed real soon now by the culos who have absolutly no respect at all for Batchelors Grove Cemetery or the history of the settlement. I wish we could get all the downed trees that are on the outside of the cemetery and put all of them on that friggin new path. :X

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Jun 22 2009 - 07:15PM »
I was there today, wanting to see how bad the paint job was, and what could be done about it... Snapped off a pic of one of the first trees you see.

Most of the trees, I counted 12, have one ring on them... One even has a big arrow pointing to the bushwhacked trail leading deeper into the woods, a trail that if you followed blindly you'd fall into one of the wells and break a leg.

Good job to the moron who pulled this off... I'd like to spray paint his sorry backside orange...
Loading Signature...

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #11 on: Jun 22 2009 - 10:29PM »
Glad you posted a pic of it so no one can say we was BSing about it. All will be ruined soon i`m afraid. :praying:

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Jun 22 2009 - 10:32PM »
Yeah... It's a shame that people think that they can come into a place that isn't theirs, do whatever they feel like, attract attention that isn't warranted or wanted, and think it's ok...

There are those who need to be taught a lesson that public lands are not their playgrounds, but rather are to enjoyed without alterations.

Leave the place better than you found it, not hack and slash through the woods and paint all over the place because you feel privileged... 
« Last Edit: Jun 22 2009 - 10:37PM by Exzyle2k »
Loading Signature...

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #13 on: Jun 23 2009 - 11:58AM »
I think a good old fasioned ass whopping is in order for the clown who did this. eno

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #14 on: Jun 23 2009 - 03:19PM »
After chatting with another member of the site (who shall remain nameless unless they choose otherwise), it was determined the best course of action would be to camouflage the idiot's markings with some of our own...

So, without further ado, I present you a before & after picture... 15 trees in total were done exactly like this. We also noticed that the feces-for-brains who marked the trees also marked another path, but since that one is less traveled we're not as worried.

If you are the person who's responsible for the florescent orange paint on these trees, your work was for naught. We fixed your folly once, and we'll do it again and again and again, as many times as it takes for you to realize you are not King of the Grove, Ruler of the Forest Preserve, or anything more than a sorry excuse for a preserver of history. Take your orange spray paint and shove it up a nostril. If you'd like to explain your actions, I'm sure we'll be more than happy to listen to them, Your Hindass...
« Last Edit: Jun 23 2009 - 03:26PM by Exzyle2k »
Loading Signature...