Author Topic: Visit to Bachelors Grove 6/26 Video (possible evp?)  (Read 1854 times)

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: Visit to Bachelors Grove 6/26 Video (possible evp?)
« Reply #15 on: Jul 06 2009 - 07:29PM »
Colleen, you expressed yourself just fine and were clearly not being mean.  Tommy took it to meanland by suggesting that you have tunnel vision and that said tunnel vision may be a result of your gender.  Makes me a bit sad, truth be told.

EVP's are not typically heard by the naked ear when they occur.  This doesn't mean that you can't hear them on audio with the naked ear, they are just usually clearer with headphones.  I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but that's my two cents.
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #16 on: Jul 07 2009 - 10:46AM »
Quote from Racheal:
EVP's are not typically heard by the naked ear when they occur.  This doesn't mean that you can't hear them on audio with the naked ear, they are just usually clearer with headphones.  I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but that's my two cents.

Yes Rachael that is what I meant basically and since we are dealing with recordings here I assumed that when we say the naked ear that it was meant that they couldn't be heard without headphones. Since none of us were there we can't say if it was heard at the time or not. That's were the integrity of the poster comes in. However even tho there are lots of EVP's that get clearer with headphones they aren't usually considered to be a Class A evp. Class A evps are heard from the original recording without headphones or clean up. There are times when voices are heard during a haunting or investigation but that would no longer be an EVP but a disembodied voice because you are taking the "electronic" out of it.

Thanks for helping me to get my point across. My reason for ever saying anything was so that someone who comes to this forum and posts an EVP doesn't get hit emediately with dismissive statements. It's not my forum but at the same time it is my understanding that Ghost1 would like this to be a place were ordinary every day ppl can post something they are bewildered at and have a discussion take place about that something wether it's an EVP or a video or a picture. Professionals are most definitely welcome but they are catered to on many forums. 
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #17 on: Jul 07 2009 - 04:35PM »
 Hey Colleen:

:lol6: :giggle2: gri
« Last Edit: Jul 08 2009 - 08:18PM by Tommyboy67 »
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere

Offline Tommyboy67

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #18 on: Jul 08 2009 - 08:32PM »
 :sign27: :headphones: :party:
"Fat guy in a little coat" 
sere