Author Topic: Bachelors Grove 07-90  (Read 2684 times)

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Bachelors Grove 07-90
« Reply #15 on: Jul 17 2009 - 10:48PM »
The FPD needing to see if there are endangered plants in there is rubbish in my opinion... It's a bureaucratic bs to give them reason not to spend the dollars or the man-hours to fix it up.

The same stuff growing there is growing in the rest of the preserve.
Loading Signature...

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #16 on: Jul 18 2009 - 09:12AM »
I know what you mean there. Now heres a possible solution on man power. Why not have the convicts you see on the roads picking up litter and the people who do comunity service provide the man power?? Now this is just a example of how it could be done.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Jul 18 2009 - 09:45AM »
Because they won't risk putting a bunch of cons into a situation where if one of them manages to sneak off he'll have the run of the forest to hide in.

Also, it takes money to transport them, and the closest place around is Stateville, and it's not like that place is teeming with candidates for a program allowing them to clean up a cemetery in the woods.
Loading Signature...

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #18 on: Jul 18 2009 - 04:16PM »
Thats true about Stateville but the county jail is what I was refering to. They have those dudes cleaning up the highways so why not put them to work at BG?

Offline Edward_Shanahan

• Mere Mortal
  • Ed Shanahan - edwardshanahan.com
    • Haunted Historic Locations
« Reply #19 on: Jul 18 2009 - 04:57PM »
I'm another that likes it overgrown, I remember back in the mid-70's I would drive my car back there at night and enter *yes you could then* and it was overgrown and all, kind of like a maze. But I'm a firm believer in letting Mother Nature take back what was once hers.

Plus there is and I will attempt to find it, information on the fact the all the bodies have been moved out of B.G, back in the late 90's. So if that is the case, it would not matter if Mother Nature had it's way, as the Spirits do remain (not as strong as back in the 70's etc..).
Never Say Never - as I may change your mind.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #20 on: Jul 18 2009 - 05:03PM »
I remember when you could drive in there too! Now this is the first time I ever heard that all the bodies have been moved. I heard that some have been removed and laid to rest in other cemeteries by their relatives but not all. Now if that is the case then by all means let Mother Nature take it all back.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #21 on: Jul 18 2009 - 08:39PM »
At that time you still could of drove down it.