Author Topic: Questions from Ghost Whisperer  (Read 1691 times)

Offline ghostWhisperer

• Mere Mortal
Questions from Ghost Whisperer
« on: Jul 28 2009 - 07:12PM »
Hey! Thanks for having me!

I'm a producer on Ghost Whisperer the TV show and we had some questions we thought that you might be able to help us out with! Thanks in advance for your responses. We are very interested in your interest and involvement in the spirit world.

* What is it that you want to know about ghosts and the spirit world that
you don't yet know?

* What haven't you seen about the spirit world on tv, in books, or feature
films that you would like to see?

* Why are you hooked into the spirit world?

Thanks for your input and we can't wait for your thoughts!

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
Re: Questions from Ghost Whisperer
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28 2009 - 08:36PM »
Love the show. How did you find our site? I have always been hooked but only recently joined this site and am in the process of learning things. Why? Curiosity, the what I would like to call an intellectual knowledge that there just has to be more then this. I want to know everything, why some spirits stay and others do not ? Are they actually on this plane or is energy leaking over from another plane?(perhaps why they are seen so seldom) I want to know fact from creative deceptions. I want to know people I have lost are still with me and if so how we can communicate. I want to know the difference between Good and evil spirits and what exactly they are seeking or missing. How we can help and in turn if somehow they could help us through some of the trails of life. What is missing ?, I don"t know exactly but can not get enough information. How about a episode in our own Bachelors Grove we have an excellent guide to assist you.!!!! :*:
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28 2009 - 08:46PM »
Thank you for asking us our opinions.  I think you are going to get a wide variety of answers, as we are all here for different reasons.  

* What is it that you want to know about ghosts and the spirit world that you don't yet know?

I want to know why.  Why they are here, is it because that can't move on or do we have free will in the afterlife and have the ability to come and go as we please.  Are they sent here by a greater being to bring us messages?  I have so many questions I would like to ask? I had an experience with my nephew coming to visit after his death.  Why him and not my father? What is the afterlife like is it really heaven like we have been taught?  That is just a few of my questions but the top of my list.

* What haven't you seen about the spirit world on tv, in books, or feature films that you would like to see?

That is a tough question since it seems like everything has been done.  I think I would like to see a show like ghost hunters that is a made up by everyday groups like ours.  These groups could submit their investigations for review to be aired on the show.  Some of the most interesting videos and images I have seen are from amateurs like us.  

I had an experience with my nephew after he passed away from leukemia.  This caused me to become very curious regarding the spirit world.  Then shows like ghost hunters started becoming very popular and it made me want to start investigating myself for answers.  

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28 2009 - 09:07PM »
First off,  Welcome Sign to our site!   I'm sure you'll get all kinds of input from my members.......

you don't yet know?

Kind of a hard question, pretty much anything and everything I could learn.  Like: what is it like to cross over, Is it nice there, are you happy and so on.

Another hard question, but my main question would be:  Why do some people stay and never cross to the other side?  I have never understood that, especially when it is children

I guess because it's the unknown, and we all will end up there are self's.

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #4 on: Jul 29 2009 - 02:42PM »
First off I would like to say I am a fan of the show and can`t wait till the new episodes are out. My mother had the gift and I know if she were still alive she would love the show too! Welcome to our Forum  and i`ll try to give some imput here.

I would like to know why I don`t have the experiences that I had when I was younger as back then I was scared. My Gr. uncle I seen when I was 11 yrs old back in Ohio at the home he died in and never seen him again. I want to see my mother and am not scared at all to see her or anyone of my family members. There is so much I would love to have a better understanding of whys and hows.

I guess i`m hooked on the spirit world because it just runs in the family. All on my mothers side of the family they were all interested and some had the gift to see things. After my mother passed away in 2004 my cousin asked me if anything had happened and I told him yes. This is so common for my family to see or hear something either before a death or after.

I hope this at least will be a little help as to what you wanted to know.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29 2009 - 04:38PM »
I think the biggest thing I would like to see would be perspectives from the ghost/spirit side of things... I know this is impossible for us to do while we're still flesh & blood, however I think most of us that have had experiences or been exposed to the paranormal side of things could say there's a few safe points. I know there have been movies like Ghost and Sixth Sense, but to me those were hokey and half-assed attempts.

I would like to see different aspects of those things. The malevolent spirits who cling to the past, and as such continue to haunt locations or people... Those who are frightened of the situation and are trying to reach out for help... Those who don't even know they've passed... Those who pop in from time to time to check in on family and friends, or even take it a step further and dip into the realm of spirit guides/guardian angels...

I know what it's like on this side of the fence. I want to see how people would interpret the other side as well. How would someone write a script regarding a haunting, or a possession, from the perspective of the spirit? Would it be something where the focus is on the spirit, brief flashbacks to when they were alive, and then present-day, where the house they lived in is getting changed and it pisses them off? Perhaps it's an ancestral type of thing, where the spirit decides to be a burden to the family of someone it was involved with for no other reason than spite.

Perhaps the huge hurdle to crossing over is similar to the Catholic ideal that you shouldn't take communion if you do not meet certain requirements... Perhaps it's the same with the spirit world, where you cannot cross over until you've made peace, and some are just too damn stubborn to do so.
Loading Signature...

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30 2009 - 03:35PM »
Hi GhostWhisperer, we're glad to have you here!

you don't yet know?

I am personally looking for an experience that I can't deny, or write off to anything other than evidence of life beyond death.  I don't think any of us can really KNOW until we ourselves have shuffled loose the mortal coil.  But there's got to be a close second, and I'd sure love to experience it :)

Er......I have no idea.  Oddly I don't watch a lot of paranormal-ish TV.  I'm useless here.

Because it's hooked into me!
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #7 on: Aug 04 2009 - 04:30PM »
How about Spirit Guides and Angels and how we can reach out to them for assistance in life.
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #8 on: Aug 04 2009 - 06:53PM »
I can relate to what everyone else has said.  And as for what Exzylek2 is saying about something that is written from the perspective of the spirit I think that your show "Ghost Wisperer" has done that. The spirit that Melinda deals with in each episode does have the flashbacks of their life and they do get involved with ppl on this side out of spite and other emotions and a lot of times it's because they don't even understand the emotion they are feeling. They have actually forgotten how they died and the circumstances of their life just before they died but with Melinda's help they begin to remember and understand and eventually she helps them to cross over.

One thing that Ghost1 said about why some cross over and not others is a question that really haunts me and the main reason is because of the children. Just as he eluded to in his comment I cannot fathem why God would leave a child's spirit alone on another plane of existence when that child was not capable at his/her age in life to decide to do anything evil. I believe in God and I believe that God is a loving Father so why then would he leave his children all alone?  Perhaps he knows something we don't? Ya think? Well we all know the answer to that question so I suppose we just have to have faith that he has it all worked out and in the end things will be as they should be.

As far as why I am hooked on the spirit world I have no idea. It started at such a young age when I had one of those experiences that Racheal mentioned were it left no doubt within me. I do not question if there is a spirit world as I have witnessed it. I just want to understand it better. To me scientific knowledge is great and all but I relish the knowledge brought forth by those who can glimpse the the other side and ask the questions that drive us all crazy....most of them already mentioned in this thread.  Ghost1 has convinced me that he is very sensitive and I have learned a lot from him. There is another person who I met on Youtube that is clairvoyant and he has answered quite a few questions for me.

WELCOME TO THE SITE
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Aug 05 2009 - 06:14PM »
Colleen, good points... However, I would want to see something more focused on the spirits as the main characters than the mortals.

There's a new series coming out on BBC America, "Being Human", that is exactly what I'm talking about in terms of bastardizing the Paranormal. It looks like a show that might be witty, but I think Vamps and Werewolves have been done to death with Underworld and Twilight.

I would like to see something purely paranormal, focusing on the ghosts' aspects of things. To me, that would be worth watching.
Loading Signature...

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Aug 05 2009 - 08:04PM »
Colleen, good points... However, I would want to see something more focused on the spirits as the main characters than the mortals.

There's a new series coming out on BBC America, "Being Human", that is exactly what I'm talking about in terms of bastardizing the Paranormal. It looks like a show that might be witty, but I think Vamps and Werewolves have been done to death with Underworld and Twilight.

I would like to see something purely paranormal, focusing on the ghosts' aspects of things. To me, that would be worth watching.

I agree with you Exyle2k.  That would be a very good show.

Does anyone here watch "True Blood" on HBO??  It's totally fiction but it's brilliant writing! They come from a whole new perspective on Vamps and other things like that. It's hillarious in it's own way and at the same time it's realistic as heck! You actually believe that things could end up this way. As if there really are vamps waiting to come out of the coffin. Everyone should check it out!
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: Aug 05 2009 - 08:10PM »
I really wish they had not killed off Melinda's Husband. He was and I think still is an integral part of the show. Only now it is strange. He can't be a paramedic or hang with his old buddies any more and ppl on the outside don't know what to think of Melinda.  I think it was a great plot for an episode but I just wish they had used a different character. Part of Melinda's personality was that she had a husband who totally backed her and there was no sneaking around and such.
~Colleen~