Discussions > Paranormal events & excursions

Ghost of Ghettysburg... future adventure!

(1/4) > >>

scaryd:
Here are some pictures of Gettysburg to lure someone into taking a road trip perhaps . Imagine strolling down Seminary Row or staying at Cashtown Inn or Lightener Farm House (used as a field hospital and storage area for the dead and the near dead)( and across the street from the battlefield) I do not believe anyone leaves Gettysburg with out seeing , hearing or seeing something paranormal. What do you think Ghost1! :*: We felt temperature variances in both the cash town inn(we had the place all to our selves ,off season they literally gave us the key) and the battlefield also proved to to very chilly also and an old house that is now also a hotel a days inn had stories about Drum and Bugles playing without any players and people being pushed down the stairs.The house was used to hide the bodies from the general all piled together both alive and dead . We were allowed to go through the house allow and although we did not see anything or photograph anything the air was heavy and it was hard to breath and alot of strange noise. The women from the hotel that allowed us in (the same one that was pushed down the stairs would not enter the house and we were told many people checked in and checked out hours later! Have I intrigued anyone!!!! :*:

Aten:
Very nice pics there scaryd, i`m in if there is to be a future road trip.

Colleen2510:
Yes Scaryd I am intrigued. I grew up in Vicksburg, MS so I am very aware of the fact that there are many many many ghosts left here on the earth from the Civil War. In fact I grew up in a house that was built by slaves. The street I lived on was made completely out of bricks and cement filler and it was hand layed by the slaves of the Old South. It was all quite normal to me to come home and find a trinket from the civil military. Even cannon balls! But spooky thing about it all was having a family graveyard in my backyard. There were headstones dating back to the time of the Civil War. There were a couple of children's headstones but one in particular that I remember with a story written on it about the child. Surprisingly I don't remember the details of the story any more. And that is strange because I did remember it until just recently and now for whatever reason (old age i guess) I don't remember it any more. But it had a picture of a little girl and her dog engraved into the stone and I always felt as though it was made to look just like the little girl who was buried there.

That house was very haunted. That's were I saw my first shadow person. The hat man!! He scared the CRAP out of me quite often. He would walk into my room when I was falling asleep and slowly walk towards my bed and lean over me all the while I would be trying to scream but nothing would come out.  It was awful! I still have terrible dreams about that house even now.

Anyway. I would love to visit Gettysburg. And by the way.....I'm glad that you guys won the war. I can't imagine having people in this country that would be treated as though they were someone's property.

Ghost1:
I would love to go to Ghettysburg, however that's a bit of a major road trip.   I'm not sure how many people could make a trip that far?

mattevp:
i want to go sooooooooo bad.............. :Y:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version