Author Topic: Ghost of Ghettysburg... future adventure!  (Read 6735 times)

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
Ghost of Ghettysburg... future adventure!
« on: Jul 18 2009 - 06:23PM »
Here are some pictures of Gettysburg to lure someone into taking a road trip perhaps . Imagine strolling down Seminary Row or staying at Cashtown Inn or Lightener Farm House (used as a field hospital and storage area for the dead and the near dead)( and across the street from the battlefield) I do not believe anyone leaves Gettysburg with out seeing , hearing or seeing something paranormal. What do you think Ghost1! :*: We felt temperature variances in both the cash town inn(we had the place all to our selves ,off season they literally gave us the key) and the battlefield also proved to to very chilly also and an old house that is now also a hotel a days inn had stories about Drum and Bugles playing without any players and people being pushed down the stairs.The house was used to hide the bodies from the general all piled together both alive and dead . We were allowed to go through the house allow and although we did not see anything or photograph anything the air was heavy and it was hard to breath and alot of strange noise. The women from the hotel that allowed us in (the same one that was pushed down the stairs would not enter the house and we were told many people checked in and checked out hours later! Have I intrigued anyone!!!! :*:
« Last Edit: Jul 18 2009 - 07:02PM by scaryd »
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline Aten

• Empath
Re: Ghost of Ghettysburg... future adventure!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18 2009 - 08:46PM »
Very nice pics there scaryd, i`m in if there is to be a future road trip.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09 2009 - 10:22AM »
Yes Scaryd I am intrigued. I grew up in Vicksburg, MS so I am very aware of the fact that there are many many many ghosts left here on the earth from the Civil War. In fact I grew up in a house that was built by slaves. The street I lived on was made completely out of bricks and cement filler and it was hand layed by the slaves of the Old South. It was all quite normal to me to come home and find a trinket from the civil military. Even cannon balls! But spooky thing about it all was having a family graveyard in my backyard. There were headstones dating back to the time of the Civil War. There were a couple of children's headstones but one in particular that I remember with a story written on it about the child. Surprisingly I don't remember the details of the story any more. And that is strange because I did remember it until just recently and now for whatever reason (old age i guess) I don't remember it any more. But it had a picture of a little girl and her dog engraved into the stone and I always felt as though it was made to look just like the little girl who was buried there.

That house was very haunted. That's were I saw my first shadow person. The hat man!! He scared the CRAP out of me quite often. He would walk into my room when I was falling asleep and slowly walk towards my bed and lean over me all the while I would be trying to scream but nothing would come out.  It was awful! I still have terrible dreams about that house even now.

Anyway. I would love to visit Gettysburg. And by the way.....I'm glad that you guys won the war. I can't imagine having people in this country that would be treated as though they were someone's property.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09 2009 - 12:00PM »
I would love to go to Ghettysburg, however that's a bit of a major road trip.   I'm not sure how many people could make a trip that far?
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline mattevp

• Resident EVP Master
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Aug 11 2009 - 05:32PM »
i want to go sooooooooo bad.............. :Y:
MattEVP ~
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #5 on: Aug 12 2009 - 10:28AM »
Me too Matt it could be a great trip as that placed is very haunted. Now for a idea on how to do it and keep the cost down we rent a van and all pay the cost it would be pretty cheap that way just an idea.

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #6 on: Aug 12 2009 - 08:40PM »
The two bed and breakfast ex stage hospital were really not that bad we could rent out the house for the night to investigate and it has been beautifullly redone so the sleeply would be in heavens gate also
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Oct 17 2009 - 12:33PM »
Please count me in!!!!! When do we leave??
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline scary1

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #8 on: Oct 27 2009 - 10:19AM »
I am interested in visiting Gettysburg, just need a cost estimate before I commit.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #9 on: Nov 07 2009 - 09:35PM »
I'm trying to plan a overnight in Gettysburg, probably in spring.  I don't have any costs yet, I will tell you as soon as I do.

Any interest?
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Nov 14 2009 - 10:42AM »
Hiya Ghost, Hiya Scaryd,
There seems to be a few people, including myself that would go on this tour.
We could rent us a big travelin' van for the weekend. Kind of like Scooby Doo and the gang in their Mystery machine!!
ZOINKS!!!!  =D>  :rofl:
« Last Edit: Nov 14 2009 - 10:45AM by jphunter26 »

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #11 on: Nov 24 2009 - 01:01AM »
  Hello, this is my first post here, I would just like to say that if one does get the chance to go to Gettysburg, go!!

You do not need to go on any sort of quote ghost tour, you do not need and fancy cams or recorders. Well, this is gonna sound silly, but you just know your are not alone when visiting certain areas.  Of course the same thing can be said about many civil war related historic sites or any historic site for that matter, but I personally have found there is just something about Gettysburg. Maybe it is the eerie fog from the mountain range that covers the area in the morning, or maybe I am just a silly civil war buff. 

Nothing wrong with the Mystery Machine jphunter26, get there any way you can.
« Last Edit: Nov 24 2009 - 01:24AM by gre502 »

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Nov 24 2009 - 10:24AM »
Thanks for the reply, gre502.
WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE!!! 
Obviously you have been to Gettysburg, do you have any photos or stories to tell from your trip there?

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #13 on: Nov 24 2009 - 10:28PM »
    Thank you for the welcome.  Very glad to be here.

Well, went to Gettysburg in the late spring of 92, right before they started shooting the movie "Gettysburg."  I have been there since, but only for a short time.  I took about 4 rolls of pictures when I was there the first time, but unfortunately I only had a generic 35mm cam. I knew at the time Gettysburg had a reputation for being full of paranormal goodness, but I was mainly there as a basic tourist/civil war buff.  I can't say I have ever noticed anything unusual on the pictures I took, except for the things I took pictures of.  Really dumb stuff like clumps of trees and cars parked on the street and buildings.  I covered the monuments and obvious things, but many of those pics just are not share worthy. However I will have to get them out sometime again and see maybe if there is anything unusual in them.  I really have never looked at them that much. 

As far as stories go, I can not really say I experienced anything except for that unusual feeling. Gettysburg is such a neat town.  Anywhere you go there, it was part of the battle, keep that in mind.  There are so many many places there that were there at the time of the battle and so much went on and continues to go on. Not an expert or anything but if one goes there just go for the history, not just the ghosts.  I really have to get out there again, just can not commit to anything right now.

Okay one story, while there I visited a family friend in a nearby town that ran a business (now defunct I believe) that catered to civil war reenactors. They made uniforms and sold reproduction (Sp?) equipment and supplies. Anyway I was told by the lady who ran this place that the folks that were involved in the "Gettysburg" movie actually called this business and wanted them to make a whole bunch of uniforms (for actors and extras I guess) in a very short period of time. I really do not know how they even knew about this business, but it was fairly close to Gettysburg and those movie people have their ways I guess.  Well, she told them no cause she just could not meet their requests in the time period that they wanted. Dumb story, I know. 

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #14 on: Nov 24 2009 - 10:51PM »
Thanks for your reply. I loved the Gettysburg movie! I am so looking forward to going there, even if I go by myself.
I am sure Hollywood would have paid handsomely for the crafters' services.
Definitely check out your pictures again, you never know...