Author Topic: Experiences and a question...  (Read 1400 times)

Offline im_not_ok

• Mere Mortal
Experiences and a question...
« on: Jul 19 2009 - 03:15AM »
Forgive me if the question I ask in this has been discussed before. I've had this account since my girlfriend and I went to BG in April, but I really haven't posted.

First, we were in the cemetery. I was facing towards the creek with my camera phone. I heard my girlfriend yell and grab at me. I turned back to her and she was about 10 feet away. She said something grabbed her hair. She thought it was me, looked towards me, and saw a white "spot" move between us. We weren't close enough to touch. Creepy, no?

On the trail to the creek I was filming with my phone. We didn't see anything, but when I reviewed it later we can see a white figure with dark hair on the trail ahead of us for a long stretch.

Third...we got to the creek and I heard lots of noise. I know hunting, tracking, and stalking, among other things, so I know how to move, when to move, how to scan, etc. About 20 feet away, on the opposite bank, is a deer. Just standing there watching us. I went closer, it didn't move. When did deer become so docile? I never got that memo.

Lastly, my question...

Has anyone ever tried to do a scuba dive into the pond to see what's on the bottom?

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
Re: Experiences and a question...
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19 2009 - 03:25AM »
Other members here would know more than I, but I'm pretty sure the conditions of the water in the pond are not safe to swim in. The water is so dirty and stagnant that you probably cant see anything down there anyway. I really have no idea though.
-Mark

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19 2009 - 08:34AM »
Forgive me if the question I ask in this has been discussed before. I've had this account since my girlfriend and I went to BG in April, but I really haven't posted.

First, we were in the cemetery. I was facing towards the creek with my camera phone. I heard my girlfriend yell and grab at me. I turned back to her and she was about 10 feet away. She said something grabbed her hair. She thought it was me, looked towards me, and saw a white "spot" move between us. We weren't close enough to touch. Creepy, no?

On the trail to the creek I was filming with my phone. We didn't see anything, but when I reviewed it later we can see a white figure with dark hair on the trail ahead of us for a long stretch.

Third...we got to the creek and I heard lots of noise. I know hunting, tracking, and stalking, among other things, so I know how to move, when to move, how to scan, etc. About 20 feet away, on the opposite bank, is a deer. Just standing there watching us. I went closer, it didn't move. When did deer become so docile? I never got that memo.

Lastly, my question...

Has anyone ever tried to do a scuba dive into the pond to see what's on the bottom?

There has been other reports of being touched or pulled on, including myself.  I have had my shirt pulled on before, like the way a child will pull on a adults shirt to ask them a question.

There has also been many reports of lights and figures in and around the cemetery...... The trick is to get a picture.

And yes, the deer there don't seem to be afraid of anything.  They almost will walk right up to you, I have no idea why...I have never seen this anywhere but there.

Lastly, the lagoon........... I was told that police divers went in there once years ago looking for a body.  But I don't think it has ever been explored in detail, which it really should be.  However I'm sure it would be really hard to do because of how dirty the water is.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #3 on: Jul 19 2009 - 04:32PM »
From what I have been told by many police officers is that they are afraid to empty the lagoon because of WHAT may be found. I have also been told visibilty is zero
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline im_not_ok

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Jul 27 2009 - 11:50PM »
From what I have been told by many police officers is that they are afraid to empty the lagoon because of WHAT may be found. I have also been told visibilty is zero

That makes sense. If they were to find things everyone and their brother would be in there poking around. And obviously, the water is dirty and probably enough to kill or make a person really sick so that's not feasible.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #5 on: Jul 28 2009 - 07:59AM »
There are also 2 big snapping turtles in there to watch out for and am not sure if they would be aggressive or not.

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #6 on: Jul 30 2009 - 08:16PM »
That would be awesome to see whats down there , I wonder how deep it is ? When were the police thinking there was a body there was that recent?
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline beany

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Aug 01 2009 - 02:24PM »
Well actually, the deer in illinois are quite docil these days...due to over population...i was on a walking trail last week and in the same day, first saw two fawn and then later a buck, just 10 to 30 feet away from me stood eating and playing and watching.  so that in and of itself is not unusual.