Author Topic: We Found A Bambi in our Yard!  (Read 3679 times)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
We Found A Bambi in our Yard!
« on: Jul 28 2009 - 02:53PM »
Well guys you know I told you about the herd of deer that are in our yard now. Well this little guy somehow lost it's mama and came into the yard exhausted and dehydrated.  Our dogs got to him and held him down and maybe would have eventually killed him but my brother saw it and rescued him. He fed it and gave it water.  It stormed that night so the little guy got to stay inside and sleep on the bed!! He is so adorable!

We didn't really have a good place for him but our neighbors have raised deer b4 and they have a place attatched to their house were he can live and still be out of danger of predators so they took him in. Here is a video of the next day with my brother holding him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jE5PDMTBol4
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: We Found A Bambi in our Yard!
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28 2009 - 03:36PM »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
I want a Bambi to take care of too!  Lucky!! :)
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28 2009 - 05:09PM »
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
I want a Bambi to take care of too!  Lucky!! :)

I know! I know! Rachael he is so cute and sweet it's unreal.  Though I hate that he lost his mommy we are doing what we can to make it up to him. He's got anything his little heart desires right now. I wish I had a picture of him curled up in the middle of a bed during the storm the other night. And he is very very clean.
~Colleen~

Offline scaryd

• Apparition
« Reply #3 on: Jul 28 2009 - 08:42PM »
I just want to move where ever you are, heard you wanted to come up here could be a switch in store. I really need bambi frocking in my yard and the peace that seems to be around your house. I am so jealous :Y:
"Sometimes the Lord quiets the storm, and sometimes he lets the storm rage and calms his child"

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #4 on: Jul 28 2009 - 09:26PM »
WOW what a cutie....oh yeah and Bambi is also adorable.....  :)    Seriously how wonderful it is of you to help that poor baby.  Hugs to you Colleen for having such a good heart.

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Jul 29 2009 - 06:27AM »

Thats very nice of you Colleen and your brother ...everything will be just fine in your hands  :Y:
DARMAR

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #6 on: Jul 29 2009 - 02:22PM »
That is so cool your brother saved him from the dogs. I have to salute you and your brother for having a kind heart to see that this little one can have a chance. It`s good you neighbor has a place for the little one to be safe. I would love to be able to hold a little Bambi in my arms like that. St. Francis is smiling at you all.    bo  =D>  :praying:

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Jul 29 2009 - 05:28PM »
I just want to move where ever you are, heard you wanted to come up here could be a switch in store. I really need bambi frocking in my yard and the peace that seems to be around your house. I am so jealous :Y:

Hey Scaryd. That sounds like a plan! LOL  Yes my home is quite wonderful and peaceful and I love it very much. But that doesn't mean that my life is! LOL  My life is hectic and a bit sad at times. The house was my grandmothers handed down over the years and I live there with my mom's sister now but the yard has always been a place of wonder and magic! There is all kinds of creatures there that even though they aren't thought of as rare I still hardly ever see them any other place. The Blue Birds are beautiful and Red Birds are everywere and Doves just frolic around the yard as though they know it's their home too.  My brother's cats scared some of them away for a minute but they soon came back and it's kind of wierd cause his cats do not eat meat! I thought that he was kidding me but he wasn't. You can offer any one of them a bite of steak and they will walk away from it. I have no idea why this is but it's the truth. There is one cat that does chase mice and he is a real Tom Cat...lol  My brother rescued him "Tom" ,of course, from the street and he still does a lot of the old Tom Cat stuff but now the cats and birds actually live here peacefully and the Doves even still make their nests on the ground and lay their eggs and hatch them ON THE GROUND and the cats don't bother them. Thanks for watching my video of the little one and I hope to meet you soon.
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: Jul 29 2009 - 05:35PM »
WOW what a cutie....oh yeah and Bambi is also adorable.....  :)    Seriously how wonderful it is of you to help that poor baby.  Hugs to you Colleen for having such a good heart.

Hey Gina! Glad your back! Be careful....he's available! My brother has a heart of gold when it comes to animals. I think that is a big reason he has never married. Most women do not appreciate the way he feels about his animals and some have been jealous while others just plain do not like it.  :*:  Once when his favorite animal died and his date happened to be at the house when it happened I had to take her to McDonald's and sit her down to tell her that she would probably not hear from him again after the insensitive things she had just said to him.  Like ..... it's an animal for gosh sakes. Man up and get over it already.  It amazes me sometimes the way that ppl think of animals. If you ever get over this way I would so love to introduce the two of you.
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: Jul 29 2009 - 05:39PM »

Thats very nice of you Colleen and your brother ...everything will be just fine in your hands  :Y:

Thank you so much Ixex! That is one of the nicest things anyone has ever said to me.  :smiley31:
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: Jul 29 2009 - 05:41PM »
That is so cool your brother saved him from the dogs. I have to salute you and your brother for having a kind heart to see that this little one can have a chance. It`s good you neighbor has a place for the little one to be safe. I would love to be able to hold a little Bambi in my arms like that. St. Francis is smiling at you all.    bo  =D>  :praying:

Thank you Aten! You are always so very sweet in your replies to me. I hope that I will get to come to Chicago and meet everyone soon.   :praying:
~Colleen~

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #11 on: Jul 29 2009 - 11:09PM »
Your welcome Colleen hope you can get up here too! I know a place where they have good biscuits & gravy here!  ;)

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #12 on: Jul 31 2009 - 08:27PM »
It's so cute. I want one.