Author Topic: gable film (not for the faint of heart)  (Read 2882 times)

Offline guzman5

• Ghost Hunter
« Last Edit: Aug 11 2009 - 02:54PM by guzman5 »
"It's Better To Come Home with a Ghost Than Not Come Home at all."

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: gable film (not for the faint of heart)
« Reply #1 on: Aug 11 2009 - 03:04PM »
I found this when I was doing research on this film....

Alright folks, this is supposedly real genuine footage of the Michigan Dogman. Known as the Gable Film, this grainy old 8mm flick was allegedly bought at an estate sale. It has since been purchased by Michigan disc jockey Steve Cook. But other then that, there is very little information on the film. Some commentors on YouTube claim that you can see a man’s leg kick out which explains it away as a hoax. Others have said it looks more like a gorilla the way it moves. Check out the full and enhanced versions of the video as well. I suspect we can chalk this one up as another dead end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJeXkuVh7Hg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkTQDEcBpI
« Last Edit: Aug 11 2009 - 03:15PM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Aug 11 2009 - 04:17PM »
I clicked over to watch this on youtube and see what was in the comments section. There seems to be many variations of this film and lots of opinions about it. The general consensus is that it is a genuine Kodak film from the 70's and that the animal is not human and shows a genuine act of aggression toward the person filming.  The mutilated body shown has been deemed to in fact be that of a woman who's last name is Gable. One of the film's out states that there were more than one victim and that it was actually a family. The film that I mention was longer than the others and copyrighted. I will post it here for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJeXkuVh7Hg&NR=1
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: Aug 11 2009 - 04:24PM »
heh It seems that I was posting about the same time that Ghost was....lol  I had read a few posts that said it was the arm of the woman without the legs that kicked but then someone else said that the tarp moved the arm.  I watched it and it looks like to me that the man showing the corpse put his leg between the womans arm and her head for balance while holding the tarp and his leg actually moved the arm back. I really don't think that arm moved by itself. If you watch it when it moves it doesn't look like it has any of it's own movement. It looks heavy and pushed back in a jerking way.  Anyway....it all looks pretty real to me. Also from what some hunters are saying on another site the animal isn't a bear and it's not a human dressed up bcause at one point in the slow mo all four legs come off of the ground and a man could not do that.

The World Hunter said that the part of the film that shows the mouth makes him think it is not a Gorilla.
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Aug 11 2009 - 04:36PM »
Here is a link to a sight that tells a lot about it.

http://www.museumoftheweird.com/
~Colleen~

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Aug 11 2009 - 05:28PM »
Anyone who is interested in this subject should go to the web link I left in my prior post. I just finished reading everything they have on these two films and they have done the most thorough investigation as anyone. But I wanted to post this because it is the best stabalized and enhanced version that I found on the Internet and it's not on that Website. However they do have the first film in it's entirety and it's the only place that I found the entire footage without enteruption. This is just very interesting to me. For one....it seems very credible to me. Especially after seeing the entire clip.  It is very obvious what happened. In the whole film it shows them driving down a road were they suddenly spot a beast off in the edge of some woods. The stop the truck, swing open the door and go to find the beast and once they find it both are surprised and well ....you know the rest of the story.

I hope I'm not getting on anyone's nerves with these posts...(Ghost ??) I'm just intrigued with this investigation and wanted to share my findings with y'all.  emb

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INMIqfD05Zs&eurl=http%3A%2F%2Fweb%2Eme%2Ecom%2Fstevebusti%2Fmuseumoftheweird%2Ecom%2FHome%2FEntries%2F2009%2F7%2F21%5FGable%5FFilm%5FMystery%252C%5FPart%5F3%2Ehtml&feature=player_embedded
~Colleen~

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #7 on: Aug 11 2009 - 05:39PM »
That is a clearer version, and don't worry I'm very  intrigued with this too..... That is why I posted the second set of videos with the story.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #8 on: Aug 12 2009 - 08:28AM »
I agree with you Ghost this is intriging to say the least. As Arti Johnson would say Verrrrrrrrrrry Interesting.   =D>

Offline Steve Lagrassa jr

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: Aug 06 2010 - 04:27PM »
its fake the guy who filmed it came clean it was on tv a guy on a radio station had seen it and i believe he owned it there was two films one of the so called dogman and one on the police investagation he showed how he did it and i have to say it was the best fake job i ever saw. i believed it was real to.he made it  even more real because he had early 70s cars and snow mobiles laying around his yard he used as props.he came clean when the radio dj sent the film to be checked out to see if it was real or not and being a dj made the story huge by broadcasting it on air and puting it on his web site he got it from a woman i beleive it was mrs gable.i ll try to find out where i seen it, it was a while ago on the history channel i beleive.i was upset because i wanted it to be real.he plaed the dog man that is him in a camo covering that you use on a tent when you go hunting.and the police video he dug a hole waist high and stood in it laying on the ground he used the shirt he was wearing spread out to cover the hole .this guy is the bomb because he fooled so many people,even me i give him props for coming clean that took @%$$ he never intended it to be released as real just a joke.he had no idea it was so huge till he got wind of it from somone telling him abut this cool film about a dog man. but im sure they may have hime on you tube telling how he did it.

Offline Steve Lagrassa jr

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Aug 06 2010 - 04:32PM »
i beleive it was monster qeust the story of the guy who sot the film and said he made it as a joke