Author Topic: OK I have a question for you....  (Read 1996 times)

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
OK I have a question for you....
« on: Aug 06 2009 - 08:29AM »
do you believe that animals come back as spirits?  I lost my best friend maverick last night and this morning I swear I saw him in my living room. 

Offline Aten

• Empath
Re: OK I have a question for you....
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06 2009 - 09:09AM »
Gina I seriously do. My mother seen a couple of our dogs that passed on years ago.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06 2009 - 09:28AM »
Thank you

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Aug 06 2009 - 09:48AM »
I believe the do too, after one of my dogs died I keep hearing the door knob jingle like when she used to hit it with her noise in the middle of the night.  That was her "wants to go out" sign to me.

So I think they do hang around, at least for a while.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #4 on: Aug 06 2009 - 09:53AM »
This really sucks he was my best friend.  I am telling you when it rains it pours.  Thank you Ghost that makes me feel better,  Maybe he is here watching over me.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #5 on: Aug 06 2009 - 02:35PM »
Your welcome.

Offline Edward_Shanahan

• Mere Mortal
  • Ed Shanahan - edwardshanahan.com
    • Haunted Historic Locations
« Reply #6 on: Aug 06 2009 - 08:11PM »
Here is a photo I took at Archer Woods Cemetery (the spirits there are what they used to be at Bachelor's Grove). If you look at the 2nd tree from your left, you will see what appears to be a Ghostly Dog.

This is what Amy (Spiritual Feeler - great with photos), felt when looking at the image:

What our Amy Felt:
This one is a doozy. I almost hate this one as much as E & F.
There is almost to much going on in this photo.

The brown headstone seems to have a light backward tilt as well
as a black feather on it. Look directly above that in between the
headstones up there is a dog (second tree on your left). Maybe
he is howling for it's master, maybe I feel a loneliness about this,
a feeling of vast emptiness a longing.

There are two blue lines on each side of the tree in the back there.

Look at the tree to the right. There is a skull on it, an a face beside it.
The gray head stone to the right looks to have runes on it (the right
side of it).

Never Say Never - as I may change your mind.

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #7 on: Aug 06 2009 - 08:50PM »
Thank you Ed. I want to think that my little guy may still be hanging around with me

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Aug 07 2009 - 02:24AM »
Gina, there's a poem out there called The Rainbow Bridge... I saw this posting and thought of it, and I'm reposting it here for you and others who have lost four-legged family. I'm sure Maverick is kicking around, and letting you know he's fine.

-------------------------------------------------------

By the edge of a woods, at the foot of a hill,
Is a lush, green meadow where time stands still.
Where the friends of man and woman do run,
When their time on earth is over and done.

For here, between this world and the next,
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest.
On this golden land, they wait and they play,
Till the Rainbow Bridge they cross over one day.

No more do they suffer, in pain or in sadness,
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness.
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed,
Their bodies have healed, with strength imbued.

They romp through the grass, without even a care,
Until one day they start, and sniff at the air.
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back,
Then all of a sudden, one breaks from the pack.

For just at that instant, their eyes have met;
Together again, both person and pet.
So they run to each other, these friends from long past,
The time of their parting is over at last.

The sadness they felt while they were apart,
Has turned into joy once more in each heart.
They embrace with a love that will last forever,
And then, side-by-side, they cross over… together.
Loading Signature...

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #9 on: Aug 07 2009 - 06:16AM »
Thank you Exzyle2k that is beautiful !!!!!  I am having a really hard time  :^(  he was my best friend and I miss him so much.  He made me smile even on the worse days and he was my shadow.  I love the poem thank you again.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #10 on: Aug 07 2009 - 06:48AM »
Hi Gina, I know what you are going through at this time because I went through this a couple of times myself. In 1988 I lost my German Shepard to hip displacma and came home to him laying on the floor and he could not get up. My Mom took care of him while I was at work and when I came home this is what I came home to. We actually had the vet come to the house to put him to sleep because he was in too much pain to try to move him. As a result of that I cried all weekend of the loss of Gunner. Then in 2003 I had a grayhound that was rescued from the racing industry. I came home from work and he did`nt greet me as he normally did so I went to check on him. He was not feeling well so I hung out by him for a while and then had a cup of coffee with my mother. Her came out to the kitchen and wanted to go out our normal ritual and gave him a milk bone. After he had that he walked from the kitchen into the dinning room and stumbled and at the time I thought it was from my mothers O2 tube and he made it to the front room and had a heart attack and died instantly. This broke my heart and I guess he waited til I came home to see me for the last time and say goodbye. This sadness will pass in time so just keep the fond memories of your dog in your heart and mind.

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Aug 07 2009 - 12:13PM »
Oh Gina, I am so sorry for your loss!  Maybe he knows that you need him more than ever right now, and is trying to stick with you the only way he can.
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16 2009 - 06:45PM »
OH Gina I am so sorry that you are going thru this! I know I'm a little late with this but for some reason I never saw this post until today.  :055confused:  Like the others who have posted here I know how bad the grief can be over a pet. I lost my weenie dog last year and it took me 6 months to be able to sleep without tossing and turning since she slept with me every single night. And she had these little silky paws that she would wake me up with every morning to take her outside. She would put a paw on each side of my face and tickle me with her nose until I woke up. One morning after she was gone I woke up and reached for my face for my face laughing and saying ok ok I'm up but then I realized that she couldn't be there. I swear that I felt her little paws and her nose tickling my face!

But here is a story that really blows me away to this day:

I was only about 10 yrs old. and had lost my hound dog when a neighbor shot him for getting into his garden. I had found this hound dog when he was only a few weeks old. We couldn't tell exactly how many weeks cause he was so malnourished and tiny that his bones were sticking out and he looked like he could have been a week old from his size. He was covered in bugs and barely had enough strength to lick the food off my fingers. That's how I fed him till he had enough strength to suck on a baby bottle. No one expected him to live but he did and he grew up so beautiful and smart that people would stop to take pictures of him in his pointing stance. I didn't know how to trane dogs but he just paid such close attention to me that I would show him how to do something and he would do it. As Aten said ....he became my shadow.  My dad wouldn't let him get on the furniture so he would sit in my lap on the floor and he slept on a dog bed right beside my bed and I slept with my hand on him every night.   Well about a week after he had been missing but I didn't yet know what happened to him and I had been so distraught that I couldn't even go to school. I thought that someone had him held against his will some place or had taken him far away and he couldn't find his way home and I just couldn't live with that. My heart was completely broken. I was waking up in my bed and as usual my arm was slung over the side of the bed and my hand was resting were he would usually be laying.  I didn't think anything of it when I felt him breathing and I began to stroke him. It was only when the familiarity of his floppy ear fell across my hand and I felt his nose nudge my hand that my eyes popped open and I pushed myself over the side of the bed expecting to find him there curled up on his b-e-d. But he wasn't there. And there wasn't anything there. I knew what was happening and knew that it meant he was dead and that was his spirit that had been there. I didn't feel worse. I actually felt that he was letting me know that he was not lost and that he was still there with me.  Later that day I found him under the hedge in my neighbors yard with a bullet in him. The neighbor never admitted it but he was always blaming my dog for getting in his garden. Maybe he did but I don't see how. The only time he wasn't with me was when I was at school and my mom said that he never left the front porch till I got home.  But then he was over there long enough to get shot so maybe he did get into his garden but for the most part it was my pet rabbits that ran around free.  

Gina I wasn't trying to turn this into a post about me n my dog. I just hoped that this story might show you just how deeply that I feel that our animals do have a spirit that stays with us.
l
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com