Author Topic: Physical displacement  (Read 1224 times)

Offline awake

• Mere Mortal
Physical displacement
« on: Aug 26 2009 - 01:29PM »
Has anyone had experience with unexplained physical displacement of objects? I recently had a clock fly off the wall landing 9 feet from its orgin. The clock and nail that it was hung on has been strongly in place for years.

I did not witness this, just heard the crash and came down to see what had happened. 

Any explanations?

Awake
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: Physical displacement
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27 2009 - 02:23PM »
I have never had anything like that happen to me before.  I would probably have a heart attack if I did!  I have no idea what would have caused that to happen to you..

Love your quote :)
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Aug 27 2009 - 06:15PM »
There are common happenings like that at my place... My mother and I write it off to my grandfather dropping in and letting us know he's around... Pots and pans will rattle when nobody is in the kitchen, the stereo he used to own always used to turn on by itself (no music playing, but all the lights would go on).

Most "paranormal experts" will say that any physical movement of items is considered poltergeist activity, which is pure bollocks if you ask me... If I stagger into something, that doesn't make it a drunken stumble, maybe I just tripped.

If it's violent in nature, it could be something is pissed, but if it's glasses being moved or things like that, I'd put money on a playful relative. In your case, if it's the only time it's happened, I'd try to communicate with whatever it was and let them know that sort of behavior isn't appreciated, and if that's the only thing they know how to do they aren't welcome in your home.
Loading Signature...

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #3 on: Aug 29 2009 - 08:14AM »
I remember when my mother was in a nursing home for rehab I had a phone connection on the pc and my brother was trying to get a hold of me as he got a call from the nursing home that they were having my mother sent to the E R. as she was not very responsive. There was a picture of her in the guest bedroom that fell and made a crash so I diod hear this and did not see it happen. I got off the pc and called my brother as I felt that was a sign and sure enough it was. My Mom did recover from that
so I believe my grandmother was letting me know something was wrong with my Mom.

Offline awake

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Aug 31 2009 - 03:03PM »
Thanks for the info.

I cant make an association with anything that was happening at the time or in the past. The house is 112 years old. Maybe some skeletons in the closets.

Awake.
Chance favors the prepared mind.