Author Topic: 09-13-09  (Read 1031 times)

Offline blown 346

• Mere Mortal
09-13-09
« on: Sep 15 2009 - 02:26AM »
I have been a fan of Bachelors Grove since 2001, after my father told me stories about when he was a kid. Living in Chicago his whole life you are bound to go somewhere that is said to be haunted.  I have been going to the Grove since 01 and have had all kinds of things happen to myslef and friends.  The last time I was there was before last was in the summer of 2002.  Its been 7 years for me.  My last trip I told myself was the last. I had about 7 friends with me, it was about 2 AM. Everytime I would walk the path I would get a uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. This time was no different but myself and friends felt like we were being watched. It was the kind of feeling where you can feel your whole body get hot.
  Anyway to make thisd story short, we had just walked into the cemetery, myself and my one buddy started to get taps on the shoulder. I look back thinking my friend was joking around and realized he was 10 feet from me. He then had what felt like fingers run thru his hair. My finacee started to hear a old fashion music box start ti play music. It was faint, at first, the longer we tried to listen to louder it got. I got a constant feeling like we werent supposed to be there, or somehting wanted us to leave. We walked out and started on our way out down the path.   As we are walking, I and my two buddies could hear footsteps behind us. They seemed to be louder then all 7 of us walking and the footsteps were getting faster. We picked up the pace as did the steps behing us. My buddy Dale said he was going to look back and I pleaded with him not too as im trying to whisper. He did anyway, and nothing beut fear and Holy F$%# came out of his mouth as he started to run. I looked back and took off after I saw this. It  was a dark night, no moon. The image I saw was darker than the night, I could make out from ground to head. It was all black, was wearing a hooded rob that went all the way down to the ground with tapered sleeves. No arms, no feet, you couldnt see a face as it was just pitch black.   As we are running full speed we could hear its footsteps behind us getting louder and faster and catching up.   We all run out and stop near the power boxes and look back. There it stood right behind the chain at the entrance of the path. It just stood there and watched us leave.  I havent been back since until 2 days ago.

I have told friends about it and they all think its a big joke. I said lets go.  Myself and my friend Justin went. We got there at about 1AM, and started to walk down the path. Again I felt a uneasy feeling but not as bad as the last time.  As we are walking into the cemetery I am telling him stories about the place while we are looking at headstones. We make our way  to the infant daughters grave and he wants to see the pond. We walk back by the pond and out of nowwhere I hear a a loud splash (sounded like a rock larger than a softball) I look over at him, he says that wasnt him. We turn on our flashlights and look to the left of the guardrail and hear it again right away.  We both look at eachother and at the same time say there was no splash.  We then decide it is time to leave. We are walking out and it wounds like huge rocks are being thrown at us in the middle of the cemetary from behinmd us. The noise was so loud that you could hear the impact of them hitting the ground and hearing branches breaking. We start to run out and this noise kept happening right to our right about 5 feet from us. This happend back to back. All in all we were out of there within seconds, we heard what sounded like 5 huge rocks in a matter of seconds.  It freaked me out a little bit, it was the only time that I felt like something wanted to hurt us.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
RE: 09-13-09
« Reply #1 on: Sep 15 2009 - 09:28AM »
First off Welcome Sign to the forum!

A lot of what you have said has been said many times before.  It seem that a lot of people have the same things happen there.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Sep 15 2009 - 12:52PM »
The hooded and robed figure is commonly referred to as the Guardian. Many, MANY people have seen him, and while I haven't seen him in person, I do have a picture of him.
Loading Signature...

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Sep 15 2009 - 02:54PM »
What an experience!!!!  ter  cho And to have 2 such strong experiences in the same place is even more mind blowing! And what a great find to find that our member and friend Exzyle2k has a picture of the apparition that you guys saw during your first experience. Most of the time days of research on a place will not pull up a find such as that.

Welcome to the forums !!!!!!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline AirCobra

• Mere Mortal
Re: 09-13-09
« Reply #4 on: Sep 15 2009 - 11:43PM »
Good story. I can't wait to check out BG. Unfortunately, I haven't had the time yet. Hopefully this fall.

Offline AirCobra

• Mere Mortal
Re: RE: 09-13-09
« Reply #5 on: Sep 15 2009 - 11:44PM »
The hooded and robed figure is commonly referred to as the Guardian. Many, MANY people have seen him, and while I haven't seen him in person, I do have a picture of him.

What is that pic. in your sig?

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Sep 16 2009 - 01:51AM »
That's the picture of the Guardian that Blown said had chased him from the Grove.

You can see the curve of the tree trunk through the base of the robes, and there's no tree above his head as there would be if it was a clear patch with the trunk showing.

The yellow arrow is pointing to him to make it easier to spot.

EDIT: Also forgot to add... AirCobra, let us know when you're up for heading to the Grove... It shouldn't be too hard to get maybe another member or two out there to meet up with you and give you a tour of the place.
« Last Edit: Sep 16 2009 - 01:53AM by Exzyle2k »
Loading Signature...

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #7 on: Sep 16 2009 - 04:16PM »
That really is an awesome picture EZ.  I noticed right off that the robe was translucent. Amazing. And it gives credibility to a lot of the stories that have been told about him. And a few other pics that I have seen but were not as clear cut as yours and I have always wondered if there was any possibility that there really was a hooded figure there. Now it seems more likely than not since I trust you and this is your capture! I can't believe that I hadn't seen this pic until yesterday!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Sep 16 2009 - 06:40PM »
Colleen, I hadn't posted it until yesterday... Just something I've had stashed away, waiting for the right moment to release it.

I had shown it to Ghost last year when I took the picture, but he's the only other person on the site who's seen it.
Loading Signature...