Author Topic: Ghost Lab  (Read 990 times)

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
Ghost Lab
« on: Oct 06 2009 - 10:16PM »
Is anyone watching this show right now on the Discovery Channel?

Offline fredfilms

• Mere Mortal
Re: Ghost Lab
« Reply #1 on: Oct 10 2009 - 11:46AM »
It's very through and I really like it so far.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 11 2009 - 05:32PM »
Hmmmm I have not seen it yet. What is the premise of the show?
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline fredfilms

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Oct 11 2009 - 11:16PM »
It's very similar to Ghost Hunters, but on steroids.  If Ghost Hunters have a van they have a full size stretch trailer full of equipment.  They did some really interesting and expensive stuff like lining emf detectors all through the location (literally like 40 of them).  They took those base readings (from all 40) and then used that information all night to assess if they were getting a spike in areas of possible paranormal phenomena.  On the first episode a  door opened by itself and they were able to establish spikes in the emf all surrounding the location of the door.  They also use a technique where they try to recreate the most active time from the past at a location  in last weeks case it was playing with a live band on stage of an old rockabilly joint (Elvis and johnny Cash played their first big gigs there), stopping and attempting to make contact between songs with silence from the band.  Interesting and slightly different, but very interesting none the less.  It would seem the Discovery channel has really given these guys some cash to work with judging by the quantity of their equipment and modes of transportation.  Also they don't wait to review the evidence they do it immediately and if they have a strange occurrence they can go back inside and try to recreate the evp or whatever.  In the case of evps they were able to show the difference in frequencies that are produced vs a person whispering and they go back inside and literally show you side by side how it could not just be an audible sound of a person trying to fake an evp.  In this episode they whispered what they heard on evp and recreated a close sound which they did a spectral  analysis of showing how it wouldn't be possible to be done by simply whispering from a distance. All in the exact spot they recorded the evp.   Like in the Big Lebowski they are good and through.  With all the negative talk about Paranormal State, these guys are a real breathe of fresh air.  Their goal is to prove scientifically that ghosts do exist.   Overall I am really excited about what they will show over this season and hopefully many more to come.  I hope that wasn't too rambling and made sense.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Oct 12 2009 - 01:48AM »
Loading Signature...