Author Topic: Bachelor's Grove in the 50's  (Read 2056 times)

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
Bachelor's Grove in the 50's
« on: Aug 05 2009 - 02:15PM »
I found this very interesting!

After my last trip to The Grove......I spoke with my grandmother about it. She told me that she had not only heard of Bachelor's Grove, but VISITED it. In the mid-late 50's!

She remembers driving down a very long road that went through the woods and eventually came across the cemetery. (old Midlothian Turnpike?)
Also, she remembered looking for the dissapearing "farmhouse" but never saw anything of the sort that she can remember. I thaught it very interesting that the legend was popular even nearly 60 years ago.

She went in the middle of the night (of course, at that time it being perfectly legal) and saw bright red lights moving through the surrounding darkness. After that, she decided to hightail it out of there!

She said that a few pictures were taken! I would LOVE to try to get a hold of them!!
You are forsaken.

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: Bachelor's Grove in the 50's
« Reply #1 on: Aug 05 2009 - 02:27PM »
Wow, I would love for you to get ahold of them too!
There may be a trip to your grandmothers attic in your future :)

p.s....Welcome to the forum, we're glad to have you!!
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline jfloydian

• Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #2 on: Aug 05 2009 - 02:46PM »
Haha......yes! Thank you very much :)
You are forsaken.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #3 on: Aug 05 2009 - 03:30PM »
Yes, I would love to get a hold of those pic's too, that would be a great find..... Pictures of Bachelors Grove from days past are very very hard to come by!

Great story too..... I was always told the haunting didn't start till the 60's but it sounds like that info might have been wrong.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline jfloydian

• Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #4 on: Aug 05 2009 - 03:47PM »
That rumour just may be inccorect because she is 100% sure it was around 1956. It could not have been 1960-beyond.

Does anyone else have any images of Bachelor's form the 60's or 70's? The amount of change is insane.
You are forsaken.

Offline Aten

• Empath
« Reply #5 on: Aug 05 2009 - 10:01PM »
I hope you can get ahold of the pics from the 50`s as they sure would be cool to see. The only earlier pics I have are from 1990 and are posted here. Maybe someone will have pics from the 60`s and 70`s to post at some time soon.  :praying:

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #6 on: Aug 06 2009 - 09:55PM »
I am sure someone has pictures somewhere and doesnt even think that there is anyone that would be interested in seeing them

Offline jfloydian

• Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #7 on: Aug 07 2009 - 08:21AM »
I'm sure too......has no idea how much it would mean to those on this forum =/

Goes along with another man's trash is another man's treasure. Maybe someday we will get some great photos from a while back.
You are forsaken.

Offline Witchiepoo

• Resident Witch
  • Empath
  • There IS a method to my madness...
« Reply #8 on: Jan 01 2010 - 02:09PM »
Jason? Did you ever get those pictures from your grandmother??

"I am warm
 I am fire
 Give me all the warmth...
 That I desire."

I believe! ~ I've seen! ~ I've played! ~ More please!!

Offline jfloydian

• Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #9 on: Jan 01 2010 - 05:38PM »
Jason? Did you ever get those pictures from your grandmother??

No she was unable to find them...I will be going there again in a month or so and I will help look.
You are forsaken.

Offline Witchiepoo

• Resident Witch
  • Empath
  • There IS a method to my madness...
« Reply #10 on: Jan 09 2010 - 11:56PM »
YES!!! Please help her look  :Y:

"I am warm
 I am fire
 Give me all the warmth...
 That I desire."

I believe! ~ I've seen! ~ I've played! ~ More please!!

Offline jfloydian

• Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #11 on: Jan 10 2010 - 12:02AM »
In two weeks I will be visiting there. I will attempt to find them but to be honest I am doubtful that I will get them.  :^(
You are forsaken.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #12 on: Jan 10 2010 - 01:02PM »
Think Positive Man!!  :smiley:  You can do this.... cher  I just know you can! Meditate on it and think positive as though there is no doubt and you see yourself finding the pictures. It's the power of positive thinking.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline jfloydian

• Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #13 on: Jan 10 2010 - 02:54PM »
Think Positive Man!!  :smiley:  You can do this.... cher  I just know you can! Meditate on it and think positive as though there is no doubt and you see yourself finding the pictures. It's the power of positive thinking.

I will do that and attempt to forget the fact that she is not even sure that she has them and the fact that they are probably rotting in a landfill right now  :^(

Hah no I will try my best!
You are forsaken.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #14 on: Jan 11 2010 - 09:17AM »
I know. I am just trying my friends approach. See, I have this friend who thinks he can cause things to happen with meditation and positive thinking. And he has some compelling evidence but of course it could all be coincidence. Which he admits that. But it would be some huge coinkydinks. He lives in London. Came to visit not long ago. Long flight back to London. Found out his flight was canceled and he couldn't get another one for at least 24 hours. There was one flight leaving in 20 minutes but it was booked solid with a waiting list of about 30 people.  He sat down in the airport and meditated that he was on that flight on his way back to London. While he is meditating they called his name that he had been accepted on the flight. He gets his ticket and while waiting to board he meditates that he would have room to stretch out on the plane. Remembering the trip over and how crowded it was. They call him to board the plane but there is something wrong with his ticket. He has to go back to the counter. They have double  booked the seat. The only one left on the plane is in first class so they give him that seat even though he is in coach. He boards the plane. It's crowded. Every single seat is taken except the one next to him. He waits .... thinking that someone will eventually come and take the seat next to him. They never do. So not only did he get on the plane and upgraded to first class but he also has 2 first class seats to do with as he wishes. He is not the kind of person who would lie about it either. But he practices Rakki and is studying to be an instructor and he has been lucid dreaming since he was a child. So he seems to have some gift for using the power of meditation and even though he says that anyone can do it.....I'm not so sure. I don't have the time to put into it really but I've tried to meditate many many times thru the years ...... even before I ever knew him.......and I've had no luck with it. In fact if it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all. Even when I think I'm lucky time will tell that it was only tricking me.  :wink:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com