Author Topic: Extreme Paranormal  (Read 918 times)

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Extreme Paranormal
« on: Oct 13 2009 - 12:58AM »
There's a show on A&E next week that I think is a horribly bad idea...

Extreme Paranormal - http://www.aetv.com/extreme-paranormal/

From the previews that I'm seeing, these guys go all out and provoke the spirits... It's almost going to end up like a train wreck, where you don't want to watch but you just have to see the end result.

This is from the site, from the "About Us" portion:

In "Extreme Paranormal," irreverent paranormal explorers Shaun, Nathan and Jason investigate chilling local legends, attempting to seek the truth by provoking spirits. Unlike other paranormal investigators, they put themselves directly in harm's way - taunting ghosts, summoning the dead and daring the demonic to attack.

"Extreme Paranormal" gives rabid paranormal fans the ride they've always wanted: the chance to follow a team that dares to challenge legends, curses, and hauntings by actually attempting to provoke paranormal activity. These guys have spent the last ten years kicking sand in the face of ghosts across America. Every Sunday at midnight, they recount their latest mission on their popular radio show "Ghostman and Demon Hunter."

While other paranormal investigators keep the spirit world at arms-length, our guys lack that part of their DNA that tells other investigators to "be afraid" and run away during intense encounters. The team has developed a bring-it-on mentality when it comes to their explorations.
« Last Edit: Oct 13 2009 - 01:45AM by Exzyle2k »
Loading Signature...

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: Extreme Paranormal
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13 2009 - 09:16AM »
Oh Ex, I couldn't have said it any better than you already have. The train wreck scenario is about as accurate a comparison as I can think of.  I fear that we will never get to see the actual wreck though. Unless a tabloid takes interest. I think what usually happens is that as long as it's all fun and games the camera is there and the hype is on but once the real stuff shows it's nasty fangs anyone who doesn't have to stick around doesn't. Can I really blame them?  Even Jason and Grant say that the real gory stuff that keeps them going has never been discussed and only vaguely eluded to. I'm not quite sure why except that there may be legalities to consider in cases of demonic events. Perhaps the people involved do not want to go public and the church may have some say in it. IDK but I do know that they don't talk about it in any kind of detail.  In one episode Jason gets attacked and is bitten and yet it doesn't much ruffle their feathers and they end up communicating with the spirit and finding out that it's just a pissed off human spirit and in the end it mellows out and pretty much breaks down and tells them what happened to him and they help him to move on.  They say that they knew it wasn't demonic because when provoked it only bit Jason and threw some stuff around and a deomonic would not have been so mellow as that.  Most would not think that was mellow and would have run for the hills. That episode was the one that made me think that it may very well be true that Jason and Grant have been thru a lot more than their television audience has been privy to. In contrast to other paranormal shows that hype up the slightest thing.

Having said all of this. I thank you for telling me about this new show as I have no choice but to Tivo it. Not that If everyone else is gonna watch the train wreck then why should I get left out..... :giggle2:
« Last Edit: Oct 13 2009 - 09:18AM by Colleen2510 »
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13 2009 - 02:05PM »
I just recommend everyone take 2 minutes out of their day and click the link and watch the preview...

Drawing pentagrams on the ground, trying to summon entities, locking someone in a straight-jacket... I mean, I get the whole "era cue" and trying to give the spirits something familiar, but that's taking it a bit too far.

I've always gone by the rule "Don't frak with the dead... They have eternity to wait for you."
Loading Signature...

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Oct 13 2009 - 04:06PM »
I just recommend everyone take 2 minutes out of their day and click the link and watch the preview...

Drawing pentagrams on the ground, trying to summon entities, locking someone in a straight-jacket... I mean, I get the whole "era cue" and trying to give the spirits something familiar, but that's taking it a bit too far.

I've always gone by the rule "Don't frak with the dead... They have eternity to wait for you."

I know that your serious and I am not laughing AT you EX....I'm laughing WITH you but the whole thing and the graphic picture that you are painting.....I just can't help it.....I'm  :lol6: :lol6: :lol6: :lol6:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com