Author Topic: Spectral Mist at Hull House  (Read 1389 times)

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
Spectral Mist at Hull House
« on: Oct 19 2009 - 01:13AM »
Hello Gang,
About a year ago I was on a haunted Chicago tour that stopped at the Hull House around midnight.
I took some photos of the building. One of them was this one, of the upstairs windows.
I do not know why the building looks to be on fire.  My camera took normal pictures before and after this photo.
I was surprised to see a spectral grayish mist appear in the photo. Upon closer inspection there are two cowled faces at the top of the mist. I have circled them in the second photo.
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Spectral Mist at Hull House
« Reply #1 on: Oct 19 2009 - 01:30AM »
The fire effect is pretty cool, although I would have to guess that it's simply a point of perspective...

Obviously you're shooting upwards through a tree to the house. Inside the house a light is on... The leaves in the tree block the light, thus producing flames.

Or maybe it's the devil baby mastering his firestarting abilities... /shrug
Loading Signature...

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Oct 19 2009 - 12:23PM »
This photo was taken around midnight. There were no lights on in any of the upstairs rooms. The only light left on at night is inside the front foyer. So the strange illumination from the window remains unexplained. The strange mist was also not seen except by the camera.

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Mar 08 2010 - 10:44PM »
It was brought to my attention that what looked like flames coming from the windows looks like, with a change of perspective, an old sepia-toned photograph of children with their teacher in a classroom. On the left side of the window it looks somewhat like children sitting at their desks in an orderly row. While on the right side there appears to be two children, possibly girls, sitting on chairs in front of a desk looking back at what appears to possibly be a dark-haired teacher. The child on the left has blond hair while the child on the right has dark hair in a ponytail. The details of their legs as well as the chair legs can be seen.

From what I understand of the history of Hull House, it was an orphanage that also had classrooms for the children.