Author Topic: Some New Friends  (Read 336 times)

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
Some New Friends
« on: Oct 23 2009 - 01:12AM »
Hello All,
When I was up in Libertyville this past Summer looking for the haunted 'Black Gates" I stopped on the side of the road to take some pictures of these two horses and to ask them if they knew where the gates were. They came right over to me and were friendly enough but they were tight lipped about the gates though...
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline angels18

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Some New Friends
« Reply #1 on: Oct 24 2009 - 01:41PM »
I love the horse picture!  I used to horseback ride for years - equestrian style with the jumping.  Oh memories, I miss it a lot  :^( .  I'll get back into it one day.  When I have time and can afford it!

So what's the story with the black gates??  I'm very new to the paranormal world and don't know much  :)

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Oct 25 2009 - 10:54AM »
According to legend, the Gate marked the entrance to a girl's finishing school back in the early 1950's. The stillness of the school was shatered one night when the principal suffered a nervous breakdown and killed four of his young students, placing their heads on the metal posts of the gate after he severed them from their bodies.. There are other versions of the legend; all encompassing a horrific tale of violence, bloodshed and murder and ending with local residents razing the school, camp, or asylum and trying to obliterate the remnants of the building.

To this day, it is said that the Gate is haunted by the souls of those who perished there. There are those who claim to have visited the Gate during the early hours of the morning and found blood dripping from the iron supports. Others say that on the stroke of midnight on the anniversary of the murders, phantom heads of the murdered girls appear on the fence post; Their mouths gaping in silent screams. There are countless tales of apparitions, eerie screams and mysterious sounds that cannot be explained.

If any murders took place here, they have been erased from public record, and when officials are asked about it today, they deny that anything ever occured.

Weird Illinois did manage to turn up a little sketchy information that verifies some elements of the legend. The Gate was once a part of an orphanage, The Katherine Dodridge Kreigh Budd Memorial Home for Children, which opened in 1925. It was shut down for unspecified reasons in the late 1950's and became St. Frances Boys' Camp. The camp ceased operation without explanation and faded into oblivion some time ago.

Some surmise that whatever caused the orphanage to shut down may have been what spawned the blood-soaked legends of the Gate...

...taken from Weird Illinois, by Troy Taylor   bo
« Last Edit: Oct 25 2009 - 10:56AM by jphunter26 »
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline shiela

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30 2009 - 04:24PM »
i love the horses ....wish i could have made that discovery with you .... :camera: