Author Topic: The Ouija Debate....Portal to evil or harmless game?  (Read 8077 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Re: The Ouija Debate....Portal to evil or harmless game?
« Reply #15 on: Apr 11 2008 - 09:54PM »
In my honest opinion (coming from my own Ouija experience), I think the video is a fabrication. The planchette (or glass in the video) was moving too fast and too smoothly. Normally, there is a pause after the question is asked, and the planchette moves in a slower, jerky motion (like the characters in an old stop-motion movie). Again, that's from my own experience.

Yeah, there is no doubt in my mind it's quite fake too............Even shows demons and such that she is seeing in her mind?    Fake, fake....fake!    eno
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #16 on: Apr 13 2008 - 05:39PM »
I have a different opinion of this. I posted this vid a long time ago in another thread. I may have even posted the online conversation that I had with the creator of the video. I chatted with one of the girls and one guy that was there. He may have been the one who recorded the video if memory serves. They really convinced me that this was real and that they are all changed by this experience. The girl who was possessed was still in therapy at the time as she has dealt with severe depression ever since. I feel sure that I posted the original version also as this was the edited version and they had added the visuals soon after it happened when the experience was still kind of new. They said that instead of being the most freaked out right after it happened .... the ones who were not the possessed one sort of thought it was cool at first but later seeing what was happening to their friend and the effect it was having on her they changed thier attitude. They sent me a copy of the unedited version and it is quite daunting. We had many online conversations and I became convinced after having all of the same doubts and being sure the video was fake.  These young ppl are truly affected by all of this from what I can tell.... which of course I could not swear an oath to after just an online relationship but I am as sure as I can be that they were serious and sincere. This never wavered thruout our many conversations.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #17 on: Apr 16 2008 - 03:24PM »
But, I think it's a total waste of time and effort...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 06:30PM by Tenbears »

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #18 on: Apr 16 2008 - 03:44PM »
Ok, now the unedited version looks quite a bit more real, why the heck did they even make that other version......That one made it look like a big joke.   On this version it does appear that this is real now, very very freaky!
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #19 on: Apr 16 2008 - 04:50PM »
I still hate these things. I still do not understand why they sell them as games
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #20 on: Apr 17 2008 - 07:19PM »
To some, it's a harmless parlor game or children's toy. Others call it a tool of Satan. For still others, it is a tool for reaching the subconscious mind or the spirit world.

A little Ouija Board History.....................

In 1891, the U.S. Patent Office awarded a patent for the Ouija Board to Elijah Bond (with Charles Kennard and William Maupin), three Baltimore businessmen. The Ouija board may not actually have been their invention - there is at least one published account of a session using an alphabet board and a planchette that appeared in the New York Tribune in 1886 - but it was Kennard who first marketed the Ouija Board to the public. His Kennard Novelty Company continued to manufacture and sell Ouija Boards until the patent and all rights were sold to the Parker Brothers game company in 1966. Parker Brothers continued to sell the Ouija Board nearly exactly as it was originally created until 1990, when it discontinued the traditional Ouija Board, and introduced a smaller, glow-in-the-dark version which is still available.

[float=right][/float]
Kennard himself, though, left the company less than a year after the patent was granted. The Kennard Novelty Company was taken over by William Fuld, a long-time employee. It was Fuld who declared that the name 'Ouija' was a combination of the French and German words for yes, in contradiction of his former boss' statement that it was the Egyptian word for 'good luck', and that the board itself had given him the name. Fuld marketed the board for years with fantastic claims of its abilities to contact the spirit world and facilitate communication with the dead. A typical ad was this one, which appeared in newspapers in 1891:

OUIJA
A WONDERFUL TALKING BOARD
Interesting and mysterious; surpasses in its results second sight, mind reading, clairvoyance;
will give intelligent answer to any question.
Proven at patent office before patent was allowed Price $1.50 .

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #21 on: Apr 19 2008 - 01:41AM »
I can't even watch the videos.  Ouija just totally scare the S**T out of me

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: Apr 20 2008 - 04:32PM »
I wish I could have bought them all for 1.50 and now I could resell them.....hehehehe.

What the heck happened Gina? Qu
~Colleen~

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #23 on: Apr 20 2008 - 07:15PM »
I wish I could have bought them all for 1.50 and now I could resell them.....hehehehe.

What the heck happened Gina? Qu

Nothing has personally happened to me.  I have just heard too many scary stories about them.  I think they are evil !!!!!

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
Re: The Ouija Debate
« Reply #24 on: Apr 20 2008 - 10:55PM »
should we, or should we not, you decide...
« Last Edit: Sep 19 2010 - 06:23PM by Tenbears »

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #25 on: Apr 20 2008 - 11:01PM »
Ok, tenbears.....normally that video really wouldn't of gone with this serious discussion about the Ouija board, However since they said Ouija Board about 100 times in this video we can let it slide  :*:

On a side note, that was a good video....I forgot all about it.
  :Y:

Offline Tenbears

• Apparition
    • conspiracy 2012
« Reply #26 on: Apr 21 2008 - 12:06AM »
I thought it might press the envelope a little.
« Last Edit: Sep 20 2010 - 05:49AM by Tenbears »

Offline Cemeterydude

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #27 on: Jan 26 2009 - 02:21AM »
i do personally think ouja boards are portals to evil. i was watching this show last night about this family who was being terrorized by this evil spirit in a black cloak. the phsycic who helped them said it all stemmed from an ouja board they had in the house. when they burnt the ouja board the spirit went away. Bye
:)

Offline Jeepgirlgina

• The All-Seeing One
« Reply #28 on: Jan 26 2009 - 07:13AM »
I hate them.   There will never ever be on in my house.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: Jan 26 2009 - 06:09PM »
"when they burnt the ouja board the spirit went away."

One thing about an evil spirit is that it takes a good long while to know for sure if they have really gone away or if they are just catching their breath. How did they know that the spirit went away when they burned the ouija?

~Colleen~