Author Topic: Another landmark gone  (Read 1611 times)

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Another landmark gone
« on: Nov 09 2009 - 05:47PM »
Well, today I went to the Grove and met JPHunter there...

I'm saddened to say that another part of the Grove is gone forever.

Inside the gate, there were the remains of a fire, a pretty fresh one too... Seemingly just a few hours old, because the smell of burning wood was still potent, and there were curls of smoke rising from still smoldering embers.

Upon reviewing the rest of the photos, I've determined that the source of fuel for the fire was none other than the dead tree just inside the entrance.

People who do things like this need to meet the business end of a combine thresher.
Loading Signature...

Offline AfterForever

• Mere Mortal
Re: Another landmark gone
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09 2009 - 05:59PM »
Why do people do things like this?This is a Cemetery.There is no respect for the deceased anymore.WHY?What the hell is wrong with people?Seriously.......what the @#$%?
My Mama wore cotton bloomers

Offline sarie121

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Nov 09 2009 - 06:17PM »
Come to think of it... there was a fire burning right inside the enterence when I was there on Sunday.  I had no idea where the wood came from or who started it, but there were a handful of men standing around it - one was reading a Stephen King book, which struck me as odd.  They were very welcoming, said Hi to everyone that came in, etc, so I thought maybe they "belonged" there.  Weird.  There were so many people there on Sunday, its weird no one knew what was going on with that fire!!

Offline Swinney17

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #3 on: Nov 09 2009 - 06:41PM »
I took my dog for a walk there Sunday as well around 1:30pm, the log was smoldering pretty good, at that time... I wish they would erect a solar powered light there that comes on at Dusk, that would deter alot of the shenanigans that go on there.

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #4 on: Nov 09 2009 - 06:47PM »
It always amazes me how people do not think.  I don't believe they do this stuff intentionally.  For some reason people do not see Bachelors Grove as a cemetery.  If we were all to go to find one of them that had a dead grandma and visit her I am sure they would want us to be respectul.  I think they would get pretty upset if we spray painted her headstone, pushed it over, let some trash, and had a fire there. 

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09 2009 - 07:14PM »
Bodhisattva... How can these people be dense enough not to realize it's a cemetery? I mean, where else do you get to see stones sitting on the ground with names and dates on them?

Not having the perception that a place is a graveyard when you go to a place called Bachelors Grove Cemetery, have to walk through a gate, and one of the first things you see is a giant marker is a poor excuse for someone to try to justify their actions.

People do it because they want to appear to be "cool"... I doubt any of the jerk-offs who do this have ever been there alone. They're either too stupid or too scared to try that stuff solo.

They all need to be lined up and shot.
Loading Signature...

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #6 on: Nov 09 2009 - 10:13PM »
This is just too much. It will not be the last time either. Will there be anything left of this cemetery in the next ten years? God.  :^(
You are forsaken.

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Nov 09 2009 - 10:19PM »
It was good to meet Exyzle there today as well.
It is so sad that these disrespecful jerkoffs keep hurting Bachelor's Grove.
 :V:
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 10 2009 - 10:54AM »
Oh....

They shall get their comeupance.
You are forsaken.

Offline sarie121

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #9 on: Nov 10 2009 - 11:46AM »
Correction, I was there on Saturday.  So that thing had been burning for a few days!   I was really shocked at the disrespect people have for this place.  There were kids climbing on the fence, and people just sitting or standing on the headstones like they were resting places.  I couldnt believe it.  If it were one of my relative's headstones, or graves, Id definitely want it treated with a lot more respect!!!

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #10 on: Nov 11 2009 - 09:38PM »
The grove needs to be bought and markers need to be put on graves of those who no longer have them. If I could only come across millions of dollars.
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline MarkMc1990

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #11 on: Nov 11 2009 - 10:43PM »
UGH! That sucks :( But better a tree than a headstone, right? (When I saw the title of this threat my heart started pounding because I thought someone stole the patrick marker or something)
-Mark

Offline cubcadet128

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #12 on: Nov 29 2009 - 03:27PM »
After seeing all this, and experiencing Bachelors Grove in person many times, I hate to say it, but in 10 years there probably won't be anything left, which is just awful. But seeing all the vandalism, and if Cook Country doesn't want the cemetery, then who will take care of it (besides us!). It seems the vandals outweigh us. They are already trying to do damage to the Fulton monument. It's also hard to catch these vandals unfortunatley. I wish it would turn around for the better, but I'm afraid after a few years, the only thing to remain are the deceased. The stones and everything else that they are trying to move/ruin probably will slowly fade away. It's more than awful and something still needs to be done to preserve what's there!
99% Persperation, 1% Inspiration

Offline elitero

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #13 on: Jan 01 2010 - 09:43PM »
I wonder how often people actually come here to pay respects to their buried loved ones.  It seems to me like this place is nothing more than a spooky landmark to a lot of people, and I have a feeling that perception will never change.  I am not trying to sound ignorant or mean right now, but a few decades from now (maybe longer), it is safe to say the people buried there will be for the most part forgotten (by their families, that is).

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #14 on: Jan 01 2010 - 09:52PM »
Elitero, the place is already forgotten by loved ones. Otherwise there would be more of a conservation push.

Plus, not to mention the fact that some people have been buried for over 100 years, their memories have died with their descendants. Someone moves away, gets married and starts a family, they're not going to drop everything they're doing to come back to a tiny little corner of Cook County to pay respects to their grandparents who died when they were young or even before birth.

The only ones who still have relatives in the area are the big names. I know for certain that there are still Fultons in the area, and I think Newmans, but that's about it.

Ideally the cemetery should be registered as a historical landmark. But we know of all the trouble that people have to go through to get fallen trees removed and landscaping done. Imagine the hoops that would need to be jumped through for landmark registration.
Loading Signature...