Author Topic: 2 Pictures from Naperville, IL  (Read 1871 times)

Offline elitero

• Mere Mortal
2 Pictures from Naperville, IL
« on: Nov 18 2009 - 06:18AM »
First of all, this is my first post, so I would like to say hi to everyone here.  I am in Naperville, and moving to the south loop in a few months, so if anyone wants to do any day/night trips to Bachelors Grove (or any other places around Chicago), let me know and I would be happy to come with and take some pictures.  cher

Anyway, my interest in the paranormal has really gone up in the last year.  It started when my godfather died in 08, and I was home alone, and around the exact time he died, there were doors closing in my house, including one about 10 feet away from me.  I am 21 right now, but that scared me so much I was frozen, hiding in my room for an hour until my family came back home, and let me know about my godfather's death.

Another memory I had is Halloween of 08, my friends and I explored the cemetery (Saints Peter & Paul in Naperville) at maybe 3am, and in the middle of the cemetary, we saw a figure in all black standing stooped over, then turn around and look at us with glowing prismatic green/blue eyes (kinda like when you shine a flashlight at a raccoon).

So a few months ago I was with my friend, and we thought one night we should walk around some of the older parts of Naperville later at night, and see if we would witness anything.  We took pictures near the train station (where several people died in the last few years, and was the site of a horrible crash several decades ago, killing at least several dozen people), but we saw nothing.  So we are driving around the old neighborhoods, and we come across this really dark creepy looking house.  We figured we might come across something cool if we took some pictures, so we figured what the hell.  This house was on the corner, so we walked around it, took pictures with my digital camera, didn't see anything in the pictures, and walked another few feet and took a picture. 

We finally got around to the other side, and I casually snapped another picture, not expecting to see anything.  What I saw stopped my heart...

Look in the bottom left window.

Here it is zoomed up.

My friend and I drove past the house an hour later that night (with a high intensity LED flashlight), and also walked past it during the day, and there was nothing that could have possibly caused that light.  There was nothing reflective in the house, that window frame on the other side of the house was facing a wall of the neighboring house with no windows near it, and there was nothing else that could have caused that dark figure.  It was a wide open hallway during the day.  I just thought a few of you would want to see these pictures.  :)

In case anyone is in the Naperville area and wants to check this place out, google this coordinates, and it will show you a map:  41°46'26.99"N  88° 8'41.84"W.  I don't know much about ghosts, but judging from how it looks, would this be an evil one?  I really don't know how to differentiate between good and evil.....beings.

Take care everyone and God bless,

Mark

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
Re: 2 Pictures from Naperville, IL
« Reply #1 on: Nov 18 2009 - 08:49AM »
Wow first off, welcome to our amazing community! Second, this is a great piece of evidence.  che I love the fact that you eliminated all possibilities of a reflection of some sort. I saw what you meant even in the full sized version. Very, very interesting. Evil? Cannot say that persay; however, you should definitely look into going back and try to find out the history of that place itself.  :051bye:

Also,

I clearly see, what apears to be the top of a black shadow a round figure, (could it be a head?)
You are forsaken.

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Nov 18 2009 - 10:31AM »
Hello Elitero,
Welcome to our forum!! =D> 
Thank you for your post. Sounds like you had some interesting experiences so far... :055confused:
Those are very good pictures and I am glad that you did your best to rule out any possible explanation for those red lights we see. I do not have any idea what they could be.
I am from Westmont, right down the street from you. Have you ever been to Bachelor's Grove?
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 18 2009 - 01:41PM »
Nice pictures, however I am not sure if they are paranormal.  If you look at pic one there is some sort of house light on, next to the garage, in the background.  The third pic looks like you have a clear shot seeing through the building and picking up part of that light. 

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #4 on: Nov 18 2009 - 03:55PM »
I see what you mean...I don't think it is the same light, however. The light is different in color and the angle of which the next picture was taken couldn't have made it appear like that...least that's what I think.

I don't know what it is!
You are forsaken.

Offline elitero

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: Nov 18 2009 - 04:51PM »
This picture should clarify some things.

And as for going back, I plan to do that in the next few weeks (I have been very busy trying to start a career in internet marketing lately).  One thing I Noticed is when I am with fewer people, much more 'obvious' things happen.  I have gone into an old cemetary at night once with 10 other people, and none of us saw anything.  Halloween of 08, I had two people with me when we saw that black figure with the blue eyes.  When I took these pictures, I just had one friend standing behind me.  And when I was by myself, the most unexplainable things happened, like a bedroom door closing behind where I am sitting.  No draft moving through the house, no animals (our dog was sleeping on the couch downstairs), no other family members were home.  As much as these experiences frightened me at the time, they just make me more curious to explore, and find out more about them.

And no, I have never been to Bachelors Grove before.  Assuming the first time I go is in the day, I think I will be fine being by myself down there, unless anyone here thinks otherwise.

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Nov 18 2009 - 05:02PM »
I would advise you to go to Bachelors Grove during daylight hours only. After sundown the forest preserve is closed and the police department keeps a close eye out there. If you are caught there you will be charged with trespassing.
I would not want that to happen to you or anybody.
Just want to inform you ...

Offline elitero

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #7 on: Nov 18 2009 - 05:13PM »
I have a clean record, so you are right, I think I'll just go during the day.  Do you think it is wise to go alone there, regardless?

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Nov 18 2009 - 06:57PM »
I go alone most all of the time. I am always careful and aware of my surroundings when I go.
If possible though see if you can find someone to go with, either from here or one of your friends. :Y:

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Nov 18 2009 - 07:04PM »
Also....please be respectful of the cemetery when you visit. Thank you very VERY much!!! :Y:

Offline elitero

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #10 on: Nov 18 2009 - 07:55PM »
Wherever/whenever I explore things, my friends and I always have the common sense to never vandalize or destroy anything.  Just a month or so ago some teenagers went into a nearby cemetery overnight, left beer cans everywhere, and knocked over a few >70 year old statues around the place, breaking them.  Stuff like that sickens me.

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Nov 18 2009 - 09:18PM »
I hope these knuckleheads never visit Bachelors Grove!! : eno  :X