Author Topic: Floating sports jacket?  (Read 6370 times)

Offline countthastarS2

• Mere Mortal
Floating sports jacket?
« on: Nov 22 2009 - 08:36PM »
Here is another picture from 11/21/09...me and my friend Jenny were poseing for the camera...After are visit to BGC I was reveiwing the pictures. So I blew the picture up as best as I could and it looks like a jacket. What do you guys think?
“"There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it."   ^_^

Offline GhostlyNerd

• Mere Mortal
  • They hide just around the corner...
    • Alan Chan Photography
Re: Floating sports jacket?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23 2009 - 02:50PM »
It almost looks like one of those blue Wal-Mart sacks hanging off the fence.  Did you see anything like that around?
S*** happens.  You just have to plug your nose and plow your way through!

Offline countthastarS2

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Nov 23 2009 - 03:11PM »
yea...there were no bags or what not, BGC was pretty clean, No garbage of any kind. If it was a bag I dont see it hanging or grasping on the fence. It looks like its floating, But thats my opinion.
“"There's nothing wrong with being a loser, it just depends on how good you are at it."   ^_^

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Nov 23 2009 - 04:51PM »
I've tinkered with the pic in Photoshop, and from what I see is it looks like someone walking down the path back towards 143rd... The large stone laying down looks like Rippet, and if that's the case then it's the perfect positioning for the path, since that's the first corner of the Grove you come to as you walk towards it.

Just my thoughts.
Loading Signature...

Offline countthastarS2

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23 2009 - 11:45PM »
So if thats the case? where is the rest of the body?

Offline Attic Ghost

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: Dec 06 2009 - 10:10PM »
It's too bright to be an article of clothing on someone just walking past back there.  It's just a bright as the pair of jeans right smack in the foreground of the photo.

To me it looks like an orb - a pretty darn big orb, since it's definitely on the other side of the fence.  Twigs and such can be seen in front of it.

I don't know what it is, but it's certainly peeked my interest!

Offline demons666

• Ghost Hunter
    • I Am Awesome
« Reply #6 on: Dec 06 2009 - 11:38PM »
I zoomed in on it and to me it looks like a living person walking down the path leaving towards 143rd. 
Go White Sox

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #7 on: Dec 07 2009 - 01:37PM »
My 2 cents on this is not scientific what-so-ever but the only thing that I have to throw in is that in my opinion if that's a living person it's a goober with a chest the size that mice could play a football game on it and he decided to accentuate that brood chest by wearing a baby blue double breasted dinner jacket from the 50's or earlier ..... perhaps even much earlier if your talking about every day wear. And the thing must be brand new sense as someone else pointed out it shines like the Star of David! And were is a shred of the live human that it's hangin on? I don't see a hair follicle nor a a hint of skintone! Not one! As good as that jacket is standing out I would think you would be able to see something of the rest of the person.  And your all saying that the person is walking away.  Then how is it that I can make out the collar and the buttons on the jacket not to mention that I can see the inside back lining of the collar.   :lol6: Its as though it's hanging on a coat hanger. I would have had more faith if someone had said it looked like a person with a jacket thrown on a hanger thrown over their shoulder heading in the other direction. I don't like going against all of the technical Gurus on our forum here but this time I just don't see the logic.

This is one of those times when a second quick shot would have been great. Then we at least would know if this was a stationary object or something that moves. So much is opinion and speculation and I can't do any better so this is just my humble opinion but I like the photo and I think it is very interesting and deserves to be looked at and discussed thoroughly. You can't not factor in that our members have caught some completely unexplainable apparitions in this Graveyard so it wouldn't be unheard of for Countthastars2 to have caught something unexplainable here. 
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Dec 08 2009 - 10:08AM »
I agree with Colleen on this one...As the coat(?) is so clear, where is the person?
Very Strange...Good photo and catch, Counter!
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline angels18

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #9 on: Dec 08 2009 - 08:54PM »
To me it looks like there are two people walking down the path leaving.  There looks like there is someone in a red-ish colored jacket to the right of the bright figure.  The blue one could be so bright just because it's a bright colored piece of clothing catching the sun.  If you look at the grave stones to the right, the tops are illuminated from the natural lighting of the day.  This can definitely be the reason why the bright coat looks so bright, that certain kinda of and color of material can be catching the light.  There are a ton of branches/trees around that area which just happen to be in the right places covering the details of their bodies. 

I'm not saying anyone who thinks differently is wrong.  This is just my opinion taking all the above possibilities into account.  The only way to know for sure is go back and try and reinact it to find out how well you can see people walking out.  I know I won't be able to get there for almost two weeks, but I'll try and experiment with that next time I go.  If anyone else does in the meantime, post what you can find!

Offline mattevp

• Resident EVP Master
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #10 on: Dec 08 2009 - 09:41PM »
cool pic, if it was a real person then you would be able to see some legs or some other body part. whether its paranormal or not, maybe get Ghosts opinion on that.
MattEVP ~
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Offline angels18

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #11 on: Dec 08 2009 - 09:53PM »
I'm not so sure about seeing the legs or other body parts when there are a ton of branches covering where the legs would be, and it's too out of focus to tell for sure when you zoom in.  I just don't think it's possible to tell either way.  That's why we need to get out there and test it out :)

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #12 on: Dec 09 2009 - 06:53PM »
That's a very good idea Angels. Can't wait to see what you come up with. I would help if I wasn't so far away.  :V:
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #13 on: Dec 18 2009 - 11:20AM »
Hello Everyone,
I can finally put to rest "The Case of the Floating Blue Jacket."
I was looking through my photographs and found this photo that was taken on the same day as the photo in question, when Counter and I met at BG.
At the left side of this photo you can plainly see a woman wearing that same light blue jacket.
« Last Edit: Dec 19 2009 - 01:33AM by jphunter26 »
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #14 on: Dec 18 2009 - 06:53PM »
Beautiful!  che Knew it had to be some sort of living person
You are forsaken.