Author Topic: Hell Gate  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Hell Gate
« Reply #15 on: Nov 28 2009 - 08:05PM »
Demons - I don't have any personal experiences. But I do trust the word of someone who has. His name is Joe.

I worked with him at TigerDirect (now CompUSA). He was a technician with myself, and we spent much of the time BSing back and forth. One day we got on the topic of Bachelor's Grove and other haunted locations. We decided to take a road trip, where we visited Resurrection, St. James Sag, Maple Lake, and the Grove. He then told me he had something to show me, a "surprise" or sorts.

We jumped in his car and he took me to 108th & 139th, and on the way he told me the story. He has a friend who was/is into the dark arts. And not just dabbling in it, but seriously involved. Joe's friend wanted to take him to "a very evil place" and wanted to know what Joe saw there. Joe, being the type of person that says "I'll do anything once" was up for it, and they went to the intersection. Joe and his friend got out of the car and stood in front of the chain stretching across the path.

This was at night, pitch black, and Joe told me how he had to wait for his eyes to adjust. Joe's friend asked him if he saw anything at the end of the path, and when Joe could make things out, he told me he was silenced with what he saw.

As you can see in the pictures, the trees form almost a tunnel. Joe told me at the end of the tunnel he saw shadows darting back and forth, some small, some big, some huge. There was also a doorway, that seemed to emit what he described as a "dark light". It was darker than the surrounding forest, however it clearly illuminated the shadows moving back and forth. He described them as large-bodied creatures, muscular with long arms and almost a hunched way of walking.

Joe and his friend stood there and watched these creatures, his friend describing to him that this was one of 7 gates to hell in Illinois alone. As his friend was talking, Joe noticed one of the creatures walk across the path, stop, and turn to face them. As the creature began moving down the path, it was growing larger. It was at this point where Joe and his friend decided it was time to go.

Asking around, there was another person who had been there, walking through the forest during the day. He said he noticed a bunch of foundations that were built, but no buildings and no sign of further construction. In one of the foundations this person said he found a brand new tricycle, as if it had just been purchased and placed there.
Loading Signature...

Offline Witchiepoo

• Resident Witch
  • Empath
  • There IS a method to my madness...
« Reply #16 on: Nov 29 2009 - 12:10AM »
McGinnis Slough?
WOW!!! I remember driving passed there on the way to turkey dinner, last Thursday. I remember the name because it sounded weird, lol

"I am warm
 I am fire
 Give me all the warmth...
 That I desire."

I believe! ~ I've seen! ~ I've played! ~ More please!!

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #17 on: Nov 29 2009 - 12:13AM »
Yup... But you were on the other side... You were East, this is West... And never between shall they meet!!
Loading Signature...

Offline Witchiepoo

• Resident Witch
  • Empath
  • There IS a method to my madness...
« Reply #18 on: Nov 29 2009 - 12:16AM »
Maybe it's a good thing I was on the otherside gri

"I am warm
 I am fire
 Give me all the warmth...
 That I desire."

I believe! ~ I've seen! ~ I've played! ~ More please!!

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #19 on: Dec 05 2009 - 01:03AM »

Wow!  I live off of 143rd between LaGrange and Wolf Rd......and that is the route I take back from work to skip the 143rd and Wolf intersection during rush hour   :)
DARMAR

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #20 on: Dec 06 2009 - 07:32PM »
Super interesting story EX! Thats crazy! That could be a next group trip!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline jfloydian

• Supreme Allied Commander
  • Apparition
  • You are forsaken.
« Reply #21 on: Dec 06 2009 - 07:42PM »
Super interesting story EX! Thats crazy! That could be a next group trip!

Its got to be!!
You are forsaken.

Offline demons666

• Ghost Hunter
    • I Am Awesome
« Reply #22 on: Dec 06 2009 - 10:07PM »
My wife and I went there last night and walked the path again.  Still nothing creepy or scary happening.  When we first pulled up to the site I was like "look at those eyes" but it ended up being 2 deer in our headlights.  Ive been to Hell Gate 3 times this past week.  I got some great pictures of the old house foundations which I will post later.  This week we will return to walk the whole trail to the lake and back.  We will report any findings. 
Go White Sox

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #23 on: Jul 06 2010 - 06:03AM »
My wife and I drove past the opening of the trail yesterday and were thinking of going in (more me than her):) to take a hike later that day in there, but were told by others of the many mosquitoes some experienced on other trails in the area recently so that pulled the brakes for her, other than the fact it was a scorcher too yesterday :) ....the trail-head is pretty well overgrown already and further down seems about the same, but doable for the more enthusiastic....  :^:
DARMAR

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #24 on: Jul 11 2010 - 12:27AM »
Wow. Anymore talk of making a trip there?
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline DeigoC

• Mere Mortal
    • Chicago Paranormal Investigations
« Reply #25 on: Jul 28 2010 - 04:02PM »
BTW the real name to that place is called the ruins because of old building that partly remains there.

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #26 on: Aug 02 2010 - 06:31PM »
I would love to go to that place. It looks so neat. :97: