Poll

We are trying to get a idea of attendance........Will you attend?

Yes, for sure!
Maybe?
No, I can't.  :(

Author Topic: WhoFortedFest Paranormal “un-conference”  (Read 4034 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
WhoFortedFest Paranormal “un-conference”
« on: Feb 23 2010 - 12:31AM »
WhoFortedFest Paranormal “un-conference”

WF? Fest 2010!

It was only a matter of time before “Who Forted?” decided to organize a conference; one less concerned with selling you useless merchandise and bunk lectures and instead focused on bringing fun, curiosity, a genuine sense of community, and maybe even some sanity back to the paranormal.
About WF?Fest 2010:
[float=right][/float]
WhoFortedFest is, from what we gather, the first of it’s kind, so it’s very existence will be something of an experiment. On Saturday, March 13th of 2010, we’ll be hosting a paranormal “un-conference” that is not only free, but the planning of which is done not only by us, but by the guests. Even if this doesn’t happen smoothly on the first go ’round, it will prove that events like this can happen without having to charge ridiculous amounts of money in admission fees.

WF?Fest is based loosely off of the brilliant BarCamp concept of “no spectators, only participants”. In other words, unlike your normal paranormal events, WF?Fest encourages participation at the very base level. Rather than be talked at by a marginally famous paranormal celebrity who has been paid thousands of dollars to speak, you’ll have an opportunity to have open forum discussions with other individuals who are just as interested with being there as you are. Again, WF?Fest is community driven, so if you have ideas for speakers you can still have a say.

Current Fest Details:

Venue:

We’re pretty pumped to finally announce that WF?FEST2010 will be held at the historic Scutt Mansion in downtown Joliet, IL. Located a short jaunt outside Chicago, Scutt Mansion operates as a museum of Victorian life, and is in danger of being leveled in order to build a parking lot. Sad stuff, so we’re happy to bring some love and affection to this building. As an added bonus, it’s reportedly haunted, having had two murders committed on it’s grounds.

A huge thank you to John from http://www.Bachelors-Grove.net for hooking us up with such a great venue.

More information on the building’s history coming in the next few days. If you’re anxious, just ask Google.
Schedule:

The schedule outline is pretty well set, we’re simply ready to slot in speakers over these last few weeks. Start time at 11AM, official end time at 6:30PM, but copious amounts of drinking taking place from then until whenever we can no longer stay conscious. Where’s the drinking happening? That’s going to be up to us as we leave.

http://whofortedblog.com/?page_id=968

Join WhoForted? Fest.The Paranormal Un Conference Mar 13th Joliet to RSVP!
http://www.meetup.com/WhoForted-Fest-The-Paranormal-Un-Conference-Mar-13th-Joliet/calendar/12671807/?from=list&offset=0
« Last Edit: Apr 24 2010 - 05:47PM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline mattevp

• Resident EVP Master
  • Ghost Hunter
Re: WhoFortedFest Paranormal “un-conference”
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23 2010 - 11:17AM »
should be a fun time... the guys from whoforted are funny as hell. i wish i could make the road trip to zombie road.
MattEVP ~
Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23 2010 - 08:53PM »
Just so everyone knows, there are limited seats for this advent and if you don't confirm that you are going.  You won't be able to go.

You can tell me your going or go here and confirm:  http://www.meetup.com/WhoForted-Fest-The-Paranormal-Un-Conference-Mar-13th-Joliet/calendar/12671807/?from=list&offset=0

Thanks
« Last Edit: Feb 28 2010 - 07:22PM by Ghost1 »
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Rachael

• General
  • Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24 2010 - 01:37PM »
I'll be there, probably with one friend in tow :)
Respect.  Mah.  Authoritah!  

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28 2010 - 07:33PM »
I just checked and there are only 6 spots left.  If your going time is running out people!

Again remember, NO RSVP = NO GO   :)

http://www.meetup.com/WhoForted-Fest-The-Paranormal-Un-Conference-Mar-13th-Joliet/calendar/12671807/?from=list&offset=0
« Last Edit: Feb 28 2010 - 11:37PM by Ghost1 »

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02 2010 - 10:08AM »

This even is filled to capacity now and closed for RSVP's

Thank you to all of you that registered, and see you on the 13th.  Should be a great time!   :Y:

Also please do not bring anyone with you that did not register, Thank You
« Last Edit: Mar 02 2010 - 10:13AM by Ghost1 »

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02 2010 - 06:48PM »
There are now 6 spots left, there was a cancellation..............

RSVP here:  http://www.meetup.com/WhoForted-Fest-The-Paranormal-Un-Conference-Mar-13th-Joliet/calendar/12671807/#comments

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #7 on: Mar 03 2010 - 01:33PM »
Just RSVP'd... As a maybe... Still unsure of what I'll be doing that weekend, as a classmate wants to escape the bonds of IL during spring break and might want my company.
Loading Signature...

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #8 on: Mar 15 2010 - 10:42AM »
The conference was a great time, and I met lots of new friends with the same mindset interested in the paranormal.  It was very informative and humorous at the same time, all around great!

For those of you that I met at the conference and you have joined here, please be sure to let me know who you are.

Offline solja

• Intoxicated Alcoholic Apparition
  • Ghost Hunter
  • If you can Duck it... well you know the rest.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 16 2010 - 01:08AM »
What sort of things were discussed? Anything paranormally interesting happen? lol
I love beer