Author Topic: What is a Shadow Person  (Read 2648 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
What is a Shadow Person
« on: May 15 2008 - 10:05AM »
What are Shadow People   cher

Shadow people (also known as shadow men, shadow folk, or shadow beings) are supernatural shadow-like creatures of both modern folklore and traditional native American beliefs. According to folklore, they appear as dark forms in the peripheries of people's vision and disintegrate, or move between walls, when noticed.

Reports of shadow people occupy a similar position in the popular consciousness to ghost sightings, but differ in that shadow people are not reported as having human features, wearing modern/period clothing, or attempting to communicate. Witnesses also do not report the same feelings of being in the presence of something that 'was once human'. Some individuals have described being menaced, chased, or in some rare instance, attacked by shadow people. There have also been reports of shadow people appearing in front of witnesses, of which they stay there or lingering for several seconds before disappearing. Witnesses report that encounters are typically accompanied by a feeling of dread

Appearance
[float=right][/float]
Accounts of shadow people typically describe them as being black humanoid silhouettes with no discernible mouths, noses, or facial expressions, though accounts also exist of them being child-sized humanoids or shapeless masses that sometimes change to a more human like form. The eyes are usually not described as being discernible but in some reports glowing eyes are mentioned. The color of the eyes, if any, is typically given as red. Their specific form is described variously as two-dimensional shadow to a vaporous or distorted three-dimensional body (as though made out of smoke or steam). Movement is often described as being very quick and disjointed. Some witnesses describe this movement as though the shadow entities they have seen "danced" from one wall to the next, or as moving around the room "as if they were on a specific track". Rarely, they are seen "standing" in the middle of doorways or off the wall. Often they are described as being seen staring at the floor. Some accounts describe what appears to be the outline of a cloak, and in some instances the outline of a 1930s style fedora hat. This last type is referred as the "hat-man".

Various depictions and artists rendering have been posted on the Internet.

Here are two links to posts about Shadow People in our site:
http://www.bachelors-grove.com/bgf/index.php?topic=408.0
http://www.bachelors-grove.com/bgf/index.php?topic=546.0

Here is more good info on Shadow People:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_people
http://www.shadowpeople.org/

Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline BobbyBuka

• * Banned *
  • Mere Mortal
Re: What is a Shadow Person
« Reply #1 on: May 15 2008 - 01:26PM »
ok, that clears things up for me....thanks, John!

I just hope there isn't going to be a quiz on any of this!

I always looked at it like the term "shadow people" just refered to those movements we see out of the corners of our eyes that we really can't define.

I did know that the very clear human "shapes" that have been photographed at places like "Zombie Road" near St Louis are also called "Shadow People" but I really put those into their own catagory or something...maybe like "Shadow People-DELUX" or "Shadow People VERSION 7.0" or something like that.

That "Hat Man" is just freaky - so does that mean that it's fairly common for people to see that thing?  There are actually unrelated reports of seeing that hat man-figure from different sources and different places in the world?

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: May 15 2008 - 01:32PM »
"Shadow People-DELUX" or "Shadow People VERSION 7.0" or something like that.

That "Hat Man" is just freaky - so does that mean that it's fairly common for people to see that thing?  There are actually unrelated reports of seeing that hat man-figure from different sources and different places in the world?

Yeah, that 1930s style fedora hat figure has been seen by people all over the world.  That is the one I saw twice last November at Bachelor's Grove too.

"Shadow People VERSION 7.0"   LOL  LOL    Yeah, I'm sure that will catch right on.
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: May 16 2008 - 07:47PM »
I used to see that hatman all the time when I was younger.  ter Oh and let me tell you that he does not have a nice feeling about him. It used to terrify me to see him and would usually scare me so bad that I couldn't breathe!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com