Author Topic: Real Ghost Picture?  (Read 1425 times)

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
Real Ghost Picture?
« on: Mar 05 2010 - 01:10PM »
I found this while looking around today, see what you all think of it?   It's pretty clear.....

Busting out the ghost theories
By SAM McKNIGHT - The Southland Times

[float=right][/float]
 An Invercargill man has taken a photograph that could be proof of the afterlife, or it could be a cloud – who knows? Andrew Watters travelled to St Bathans, near Alexandra, with his partner Kim Ward during the weekend in search of the spirits that reputedly haunt its buildings. "I'd always been nagging my Kim to go and have a look at the Vulcan Hotel and its supposed ghost, hoping we would find something." That search turned up short. "I had a Beer at the pub and got goosebumps but I think it was just the excitement." The pair took plenty of photos and didn't think they had anything until a friend spotted a shape with an uncanny resemblance to a woman in the window at the post office, he said. "It's freaked me out a bit. The shape is very close to a human figure." The photograph did not make him any more or less sceptical about the existence of ghosts but it was bizarre, Mr Watters said. Vulcan Hotel leasee Jude Cavanagh said it was the first she had heard of a ghost sighting at the post office. "It's a very spirited town, so who knows?" The post office, which was managed by the Department of Conservation since the 1950s, had been vacant for about a year, at least in the bodily sense, she said."It all adds to the legend of the place." The department's Alexandra community relations programme manager Amanda Ware said she had no knowledge of any phantom presence at the post office. The building, opened in 1909, was a category two historic place and had been vacant for about a year, she said. The interior largely remained unchanged from its days as a working port office and the second floor, where the mysterious shape was seen, was the postmaster's living quarters, Ms Ware said. "Maybe it was him coming back for a visit." She would tread carefully the next time she stopped by, she said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/3295546/Busting-out-the-ghost-theories

[float=right][/float]
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline solja

• Intoxicated Alcoholic Apparition
  • Ghost Hunter
  • If you can Duck it... well you know the rest.
Re: Real Ghost Picture?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05 2010 - 01:22PM »
Just looking at it, you can clearly see how it could be a cloud, but that's a fu**ing face! It's not even a blurry face, look at all the details! My first guess would be fake, but it's too hard to say it is because I doubt the exif is intact. Creepy, that's for sure
I love beer

Offline GratedTopping

• Mere Mortal
Re: Real Ghost Picture?
« Reply #2 on: Apr 04 2010 - 04:22PM »
That's spooky and looks cool, though. It's just so detailed and I would first think it's a great fake. There the nose; the chin; top & bottom lips. Too much & too clear, but it's neat to see.