Author Topic: Huge pile of grave trash!  (Read 346 times)

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Huge pile of grave trash!
« on: Mar 20 2010 - 08:02PM »
I went out today to a cemetery that I had not been to before.  I could not believe what I saw at this cemetery!  I was shocked, amazed, apalled, and whatever other words you can think of.  Ever wondered what they do with all the stuff that people put on loved ones headstones?  Well, I saw what this cemetery does with it!  It was all sitting in a huge pile near the front gate!  I couldn't believe what I was seeing so I took pics from every angle.  The whole time I was thinking how would  a family feel if they came in and saw something there that they put on a loved ones grave.  I was wondering if I should call a news channel about this or if anyone would even care as much as I do?
« Last Edit: Mar 20 2010 - 08:04PM by bodhisattva »

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Huge pile of grave trash!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 20 2010 - 11:21PM »
This is actually a common practice... Caretakers and landscapers remove the decorations that are forgotten about (since most family members only go on certain occasions) and will move them to a dump site.

Holy Sepulcher in Worth had a huge dump site where my mother and I used to find the flower cones to use. I haven't been there in over 10 years, so I'm not sure if it's still there.

Not as uncommon as one would think. Certainly not along the lines of dumping bodies (-coughcough-BurrOak-cough-)
Loading Signature...

Offline jphunter26

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Mar 22 2010 - 06:49PM »
It is understandable that the cemetery has to be cleaned up, but not to leave the pile at the front gate! There should be a maintenance area somewhere on the grounds for this. I used to work in a cemetery in Stickney and we had to do this occasionally.
T H E  T R U T H  I S  O U T  T H E R E

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Mar 22 2010 - 08:54PM »
I understand that it has to be thrown away.  If the stuff wasn't occasionally cleaned out it would end up looking like an old ladies house with so much stuff cluttered everywhere.  The part that got me is what you mentioned, JP, is that it was near the front gate!  I don't understand why they would take it all there and just dump it on the ground!   I have seen other cemeteries with signs stating that stuff will be cleaned out on a certain date posted.  At least put it all in a dumpster!  I have a few other pics from this same place that I will be posting soon.