Author Topic: Ley Line.... really?  (Read 1242 times)

Offline solja

• Intoxicated Alcoholic Apparition
  • Ghost Hunter
  • If you can Duck it... well you know the rest.
Ley Line.... really?
« on: Mar 14 2010 - 09:52PM »
Ley lines are alleged alignments of a number of places of geographical interest, such as ancient monuments and megaliths that are thought by certain adherents to dowsing and New Age beliefs to have spiritual power. Their existence was suggested in 1921 by the amateur archaeologist Alfred Watkins, in his book The Old Straight Track. The believers in ley lines think that the lines and their intersection points resonate a special psychic or mystical energy. Ascribing such characteristics to ley lines has led to the term being classified as pseudoscience. Ley lines can be the product of ancient surveying, property markings, or commonly traveled pathways. Many cultures use straight lines across the landscape. In South America, such lines often are directed towards mountain peaks; the Nazca lines are a famous example of lengthy lines made by ancient cultures. Straight lines connect ancient pyramids in Mexico; today, modern roads built on the ancient roads deviate around the huge pyramids. The Chaco culture of Northwestern New Mexico cut stairs into sandstone cliffs to facilitate keeping roads straight. Additionally, chance alignments and coincidence are often cited as explanations that cannot be ruled out.

Thoughts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ley_line
I love beer

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
Re: Ley Line.... really?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 27 2010 - 05:41PM »
Oh yes. And if you have any doubts as to whether or not there is anything possibly to all of this then watch a video on Crop Circles and Ancient Land Drawings.  There are Drawings in the Earth that are huge. They cover square miles and can only be seen from the sky and ancient crop circles that are the same way. So tell me how they did that before there was ever even a thought of humans flying and the Wright Bros. weren't even a blip on the radar screen yet. Sure it might be explained away if there were one. Attribute it to some artistic genius who had a secondary genius in calculus but there are several of them ..... I think it was 9 of them. One is a spider. Some sort of ancient roman spider. One is scorpion, a pyramid and so on...etc...google it.....it's very interesting. And it makes things like Ley Lines seem almost feasible when you learn about how each of these characters chiseled into the earth is connected by a straight line. That was one of the most fascinating things about it.
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #2 on: Mar 27 2010 - 10:06PM »
I saw a pretty nerdy special once that claimed that most cases of spontaneous human combustion have occured underneath interesecting sections of these lines. 

Offline Colleen2510

• High Priestess
  • Global Moderator
  • U move the table. I'm a ghost. I ave no arms!
« Reply #3 on: Apr 06 2010 - 08:02PM »
I saw a pretty nerdy special once that claimed that most cases of spontaneous human combustion have occured underneath interesecting sections of these lines. 

Wow, that's pretty interesting!
~Colleen~
Ghost addict and Bachelors_Grove patron.
Where were you when the world ended?
I was at Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Apr 11 2010 - 10:50PM »
Yup, ley lines are interesting for sure.  They are real and true.  I was just reading something about ley lines the other day, but I forgot what it was.  If I remember, I will let you all know.

That is kind of cool about the SHC happening at ley line intersections.  I have never heard that.  I had only heard that when that happened there seemed to be a pattern of it happening to folks in the northern hemisphere during the winter months.  Who knows?