Author Topic: Cemetery on a hill  (Read 390 times)

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Cemetery on a hill
« on: Apr 15 2010 - 06:52PM »
Beautiful day here today so I decided to go out on a little adventure!  I had often been driving on the expressway and saw a small cemetery, on the side of the expressway, going up a hill.  Took a little while on some back roads but I managed to find it!  It was a small cemetery with less than a hundred headstones.  The headstones were dated from the 1870's up until the early 1900's.  However, there was one headstone down at the bottom that was dated 2006.  At the top of the hill the grass was all dead, in the middle it was so thick with clovers that I literally sank ankle deep into them and it was like walking in wet sand, at the bottom it was muddy like a marsh and even had cattails growing.  I like the second pic, it was the first time I had ever seen a headstone and looked like it was just poured cement with the name and dates scratched into it with a nail; sorry the pic did not come out too good.  I, also, like the two pics of the clover patches; these two pics were taking up high in the dead grass area.  It was really obvious how it was growing that someone was buried there even though there was no headstone.  The last pic is just incase you are having a bad day to give you a smile!
« Last Edit: Apr 15 2010 - 06:59PM by bodhisattva »

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
Re: Cemetery on a hill
« Reply #1 on: Apr 17 2010 - 03:01AM »
Very interesting.

I liked the pics with the clover patch growing over the grave.  I have seen similar things in some cemeteries I have have visited.

The last pic did indeed make me smile!

Offline The Shadow

• Paranormal PI
  • Shaman
  • Tonight on Bachelors-Grove.com
« Reply #2 on: Apr 18 2010 - 04:26PM »
Nice pics...where was this located?
Did I just see what I think I saw? Yeah you did! Now lets put it on Bachelors-Grove.com

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Apr 18 2010 - 05:21PM »
I  live in Kentucky about 10 minutes south of Cincinnati.  This was in the city of Independence, the city next to where I live.  It can be seen from the expressway but you have to take a back road to reach it.  I had a general idea where the entrance was but still had to take three wrong turns until I found it. 

Offline Witchiepoo

• Resident Witch
  • Empath
  • There IS a method to my madness...
« Reply #4 on: Apr 20 2010 - 09:33PM »
Very cool pictures Bodhisattva (aka "ugh" :giggle2: ) Thanks for sharing.  Your cats are cute too

"I am warm
 I am fire
 Give me all the warmth...
 That I desire."

I believe! ~ I've seen! ~ I've played! ~ More please!!