Author Topic: Mysterious Images Spotted in Colbert County EMA Office  (Read 2523 times)

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
Mysterious Images Spotted in Colbert County EMA Office

By Mary Stackhouse, WHNT News, May 28, 2010

TUSCUMBIA, Ala. -- Something eerie may be lurking in the Colbert County EMA (Emergency Management Agency) office. On the surface, his office appears normal, but EMA Director Mike Melton is convinced that he may be sharing his office space with the paranormal.

"It appears that there's some type of dimension or something that a flash of the camera can pick up that we might not be able to see," said Melton.

That's because of a photo taken of Mike's office during it's renovation several years ago. The original image is covered in blurry white spots with faint outlines of human figures in the background. EMA employees agreed it looked peculiar.

John McWilliams, a local historian, enhanced the clarity of the image, revealing what appears to be a line of ghostly figures.

"When I saw it, I didn't realize it was a saloon scene," said McWilliams, of Tuscumbia. "I could just see the people. It was not until I started processing it that I saw that it was a saloon scene."

That prompted McWilliams to do a little homework on the building. After looking at old maps, he determined what's now the Colbert County EMA office was a saloon and bowling alley back in 1884.

"I have records here to find out what was in those buildings at that time during that period," said McWilliams. "The picture meets that criteria."

He said that explains why the figures appear to be waiting in line, while others appear to be perched at a bar.

Photos snapped at the EMA console reveal what appears to be three figures in the foreground, wearing microphone headsets. Mike suspects they once worked in the building.

"Evidently, we're sharing their space and they're not sharing ours," said Melton.

Photos taken since the construction work suggest there could still be some sort of supernatural activity in his office.

We wanted to check it out for ourselves, so we posed for the camera after our interview with Melton. John processed the image for us and revealed nine ghostly figures after enhancing the photo clarity.

Ghosts or not, Melton and other EMA employees aren't spooked.
"It is something to be lighthearted about," said Melton. "It's just an unknown, something creepy you can try to figure out and try to understand what it's about."

Melton and McWilliams both joke they know it sounds crazy, but can't help what they see.

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Mysterious Images Spotted in Colbert County EMA Office
« Reply #1 on: Jun 02 2010 - 01:32AM »
Wow, this pic is pretty interesting!  The only thing I don't like about it is that the whole pic looks like it is covered in smoke like maybe the person who snapped it was smoking while they did it. 

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #2 on: Jun 02 2010 - 10:06AM »
Boy is that cool, I would love to see the original picture...Kind of hard to get a hold of in this case though.

If it's real it's very very cool!   ;)
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline Exzyle2k

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #3 on: Jun 02 2010 - 12:25PM »
Hrmm... Looks like a ghostly conga line.

However, I call shenanigans on this because they're saying all of the pics they're taking are revealing phenomena, and that's highly unlikely.
Loading Signature...

Offline Witchiepoo

• Resident Witch
  • Empath
  • There IS a method to my madness...
« Reply #4 on: Jun 03 2010 - 07:02PM »
I hope it is real. But with all the weird apps that are available, it could be fake :^(

"I am warm
 I am fire
 Give me all the warmth...
 That I desire."

I believe! ~ I've seen! ~ I've played! ~ More please!!

Offline gre502

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #5 on: Jul 03 2010 - 05:26PM »
That is kind of neat BlackHeart.

I am not sure where bodhisattva is seeing smoke there, with all due respect.  Better eyes than mine perhaps.   :)

But.....umm, all the figures look the same sort of, like cardboard cutouts or figures in an impressionist painting of sorts.

Just not sure on this one.  The clothing looks to be right for the late 1800s though.  Hmm...

Offline andy

• Apparition
« Reply #6 on: Oct 19 2010 - 09:43AM »
interesting pic but they look like cartoon characters.........i hope its real