Author Topic: Hall of Justice?  (Read 393 times)

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Gulf Oil Spill Pics
« on: Jun 04 2010 - 01:05AM »
I saw these online today and they were pretty moving for me so I thought I would share them.  The fifth one was especially moving as I later saw a video of it and the bird was still alive trying to get off its back but could not move.  Only a very small sample of who knows how many animals will die from the BP oil spill. 

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Gulf Oil Spill Pics
« Reply #1 on: Jun 04 2010 - 05:50AM »

BP has no contingency plans that are effective for a broken well under extreme pressure.

When
energy companies create a disaster, they have the ability to do it big
time. What contingency plans do they have set in place? They should take on the responsibility on what they have done to the environment and people and quit hiding behind laws.

BP...can't regulate in environments that they work in! Who else cannot to cause such a mess? Those who have the ability to cause this level of disaster need to be regulated at the highest degree. Cutting corners as BP did, allowed for this ecological disaster!! You cannot cut corners if this is what can happen!
DARMAR

Offline DoNotBeAfraid

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #2 on: Jun 04 2010 - 10:07AM »
i wish i could be there helping the animals, i have a big soft spot for them.

and also, i think the government should step in and try to help the problem NOW instead of immediately pursuing legal actions against BP. help BP find a way to stop the leak, finish the cleanup, and THEN punish them... they already know theyre in deep trouble.
white sox, bears, bulls, and blackhawks.

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #3 on: Jun 04 2010 - 06:39PM »
It makes me sick. I really feal for the animals. It's just going to get worse and more animals are going to die because of this. They knew how bad it was when it first happened. But they didn't let anyone know. That is so wrong. I wish I could help the animals too. They need the help.

Offline DoNotBeAfraid

• Mere Mortal
« Reply #4 on: Jun 08 2010 - 10:27PM »
Many forgot or just did never saw the gulls and the seabirds  in 1991 CNN exhibited in the wake of Saddam's retreat from Kuwait: they were all false, from beginning to the end tail, because not regular in that area. Nearly twenty years after, tv watchers get used to the same tricks.

i highly doubt these pictures are false, and even if they are, there still really are many, many, many animals suffering from the oil spill... they dont need to produce false pictures of birds covered in the mess, they can easily take real ones, for it is reality at the moment.

now something like the saddam incident, maybe there were false pictures to anger people and turn them against him. but i have no idea, i wasnt even alive then... but in any oil spill there is going to be huge tragedy caused to wildlife. not everything is a trick.
« Last Edit: Jun 08 2010 - 10:30PM by DoNotBeAfraid »
white sox, bears, bulls, and blackhawks.

Offline Ghost1

• Supreme Overlord
  • Boo
    • Bachelor's Grove
« Reply #5 on: Jun 09 2010 - 06:47PM »
Short and simple, they have had more then enough time.  I say boycott PB and hit them where it hurts!   eno
Always remember.........Just because you have never seen something, does not mean that something does not exist.

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #6 on: Jun 09 2010 - 08:50PM »
Sadly the amount of money that BP is going to end up oweing they probably wont be paying.  I keep hearing more stories, on CNN, that BP will probably end up filing for bankruptcy to protect themself. 

Offline BlackHeart

• Ghost Hunter
  • I love Ghost Hunters :)
    • UnexplainedPhenomena
« Reply #7 on: Jun 09 2010 - 11:22PM »
That's just not right. They should be help responable for this. :41:

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
« Reply #8 on: Jun 11 2010 - 01:55AM »
My favorite pic so far from the BP oil spill!

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Hall of Justice?
« Reply #9 on: Jul 11 2010 - 07:37PM »
Here is an interesting thing about Cincinnati that I wanted to share with you all.  This is the Cincinnati Union Terminal.  Throughout most of the 1900's it was used as a train station.  In the 80's, after sitting empty for more than a decade, it became the museum that it is today.  Those of you that are geeks like me probably notice that it bares a striking resemblance to the Justice League "Hall of Justice" from the 70's and 80's cartoon.  People say that the "Hall of Justice" was based off of the Cincinnati Union Terminal but no one can officially confirm it.  They are so similar that it would be a very crazy coincidence if it is not true.  If you ever drive through Cincinnati the building is noticeable from the expressway. 

Offline ixex

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Hall of Justice?
« Reply #10 on: Jul 14 2010 - 07:24AM »

Ha ha  thats cool!!  as a kid, that was one of my favorites!!   Didn't know anything about the resemblance ....this post is one summer late for me as I drove through Cinn. exactly last summer back to Chicago!
DARMAR

Offline bodhisattva

• Ghost Hunter
Re: Hall of Justice?
« Reply #11 on: Jul 14 2010 - 04:57PM »
If you ever come back through, or anyone who reads this does, stop on by.  I get bored easily and would love to show off some places!